John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2.5 leveling kit and was wondering if I can add shocks and springs in the back. I believe it would raise it an inch which is ok. When I put weight in the back it droops slightly, so I would be ok with the back being up an inch. My other question is do I need a front driveshaft or should I scrap all this and just get a lift kit? I will be changing from 33s to 35s when these tires wear out. I don't want to go 37 because I have 3.73 gears. Hope this made sense and any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Metalcloak shocks are long...equivalent to 4.5-6” lift fox shocks. You will need new driveshafts if you plan to cycle your suspension.

the rears on the metacloak lift netted me an inch compared to stock MaxTow coils. Yes you can add pucks to the rears, but active coils are more beneficial with weight.

I advise sticking to what tires you want instead of what gears you have. Even at 35’s and a heavy Jeep, a regear will help get the jeep back to performance.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak shocks are long...equivalent to 4.5-6” lift fox shocks. You will need new driveshafts if you plan to cycle your suspension.

the rears on the metacloak lift netted me an inch compared to stock MaxTow coils. Yes you can add pucks to the rears, but active coils are more beneficial with weight.

I advise sticking to what tires you want instead of what gears you have. Even at 35’s and a heavy Jeep, a regear will help get the jeep back to performance.
I don't mind sticking with 35s. so if I got the rear shocks and the 3.5 coils for the rear, would that be good?

Shpac

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
Firefighter
I have the 2.5 leveling kit and was wondering if I can add shocks and springs in the back. I believe it would raise it an inch which is ok. When I put weight in the back it droops slightly, so I would be ok with the back being up an inch. My other question is do I need a front driveshaft or should I scrap all this and just get a lift kit? I will be changing from 33s to 35s when these tires wear out. I don't want to go 37 because I have 3.73 gears. Hope this made sense and any advice is appreciated.
I’m planning on doing the same thing ! Take the leveling kit and transform it in game changer but 2.5 instead of 3.5. I thing ( my opinion ) that 35 would look small with the 3.5, even for a non Rubicon that has the flair a bit lower. Did you end up doing it ?

Sponsored

Shpac

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
I also want to add control arms and everything !!

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m planning on doing the same thing ! Take the leveling kit and transform it in game changer but 2.5 instead of 3.5. I thing ( my opinion ) that 35 would look small with the 3.5, even for a non Rubicon that has the flair a bit lower. Did you end up doing it ?
I just ordered the 3.5 rear springs, rear shocks, and reset track bar. I contacted MC a while ago and they said that’s all I needed.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I will do gears next. 35s made a big difference in power and gas mileage from stock.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They just called to tell me it will ship in a couple weeks. He suggested I add rear swayer links. Today was a 10% off sale, so they were only 55. I added them.

Shpac

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
I just ordered the 3.5 rear springs, rear shocks, and reset track bar. I contacted MC a while ago and they said that’s all I needed.
Cool !! Are you keeping the oem upper and lower arms ?, did you end up changing the drive shaft ?

Sponsored

Shpac

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Very Nice your jeep and you did pretty much what I want to do to my gladiator willys. I wanted to put 35’s and I thing the MC 3.5 game changer would be to high and the 35 might look small.

do you have more pictures of you jeep, i would like to see how good it looks and make myself an idea !! :))
Thanks take care ✌🏽

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go, the last pic is after I painted the center caps Gobi.

Jeep Gladiator MetalCloak leveling kit to lift IMG_1468

Jeep Gladiator MetalCloak leveling kit to lift IMG_1481

Jeep Gladiator MetalCloak leveling kit to lift IMG_1489

Jeep Gladiator MetalCloak leveling kit to lift IMG_1577

Shpac

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Thanks for the pics ! Really appreciated !! On the pics the level kit is install ??
Sponsored