Military Members

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Apparently, there is a 'short' and a 'long' form DD214. I had the short, and had to wait an extra year for my tag (while I fight with the gov't for 30 year old records).
Jeep Gladiator Military Members 20211002_185947
The short form does not have the 'honorably discharged' line but the long version does.
Sponsored

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
5 years Army, DD214 in 2001. Was highly surprised when I wasn’t reactivated after 9/11.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
4 Years US Navy in the 70's right about the time Nam ended...Wasn't a great time to be in the Service to our country at the time, nobody "thanked you for your service" back then...But it could get worse, some of the troop flying back to San Francisco Airport (from Nam) and to other Loony Far-Left points west were actually spit on by civilians as they walked into the terminals.

Those civilians were Discusting animals.

Went on to get a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering partially paid by the GI Bill...

Joining the Navy was one of the best decision's of my life, it gave me the dicipline I needed which factors into almost all avenues needed for success of any kind and which would stay with me to this very day (I didn't like the discipline much when i was in there though - LOL!)

Also traveled 1/2 way around the world on our ship. The exposure to all those culters at a very early age was another true "education". Funny, when I started University at 23, I felt like I was among "children" as far as the emotional disposition of my mostly 18 year old fellow students.

-Joe

Last edited:

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Apparently, there is a 'short' and a 'long' form DD214. I had the short, and had to wait an extra year for my tag (while I fight with the gov't for 30 year old records).
Jeep Gladiator Military Members 2BFDD719-630B-4D26-AF45-EB3F4F92CE2F
The short form does not have the 'honorably discharged' line but the long version does.
Lost my original in a move... turns out the US Army lost my original in a fire... I still don't have it and I have been out since 2000.
Sponsored