Sponsored

Milwaukee 2848-20 inflator air compressor - reviews / feedback?

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JK
Occupation
Plumber
Has anyone used the Milwaukee 2848-20 inflator, how well did it work? seems like it would be a great deal as I already have plenty of Milwaukee battery's.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the Milwaukee 2848-20 inflator, how well did it work? seems like it would be a great deal as I already have plenty of Milwaukee battery's.
I use the 2840-20, which is also m18, but has a two gallon tank. It works quite well. Until very soon, I’ve been using it with an inline trigger with gauge, doing each tire individually. I have 37x12.5x17 tires. I can refill all four 3 times from 16-36 on one battery, but that’s a 12amp battery. I carry a second 9amp with me if it gets low on multi-day trips. My speedflate four tire setup has shipped, so I’ll continue using the same compressor, but do all four at a time so I can multitask. I’ll provide reviews for that combo after it’s been tested. I can say I really like airing up without the hood open or the engine started.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Milwaukee would be a good choice. They are certainly known for quality.
The advantage to the small 12v and 18v inflator style (no tank) is that they’re digital and stop automatically when they reach the set pressure. I have one of those as well that I primarily use for bike tires. The disadvantage is they’re very slow to inflate large tires. The one with the tank does 150psi when the tank is pressurized, and 35 if the tank is totally empty. So it’s LOTS faster. But yes, Milwaukee makes things to last.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have one and I like it. Does not replace a decent on board inflation system for trail use if you are expecting quick inflations but will work fine for most normal use.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I use the 2840-20, which is also m18, but has a two gallon tank. It works quite well. Until very soon, I’ve been using it with an inline trigger with gauge, doing each tire individually. I have 37x12.5x17 tires. I can refill all four 3 times from 16-36 on one battery, but that’s a 12amp battery. I carry a second 9amp with me if it gets low on multi-day trips. My speedflate four tire setup has shipped, so I’ll continue using the same compressor, but do all four at a time so I can multitask. I’ll provide reviews for that combo after it’s been tested. I can say I really like airing up without the hood open or the engine started.
After testing my Milwaukee m18 2 gallon with Speedflate, I couldn’t be happier. I easily shaved 5 minutes off of my air up time. I aired all four 37’s from 15psi to 36psi in 15 minutes. No complaints.

Thanks @TJ Mitchell Films

3ADC0963-7E67-4F14-8B5A-C80C508A3869.jpeg
Sponsored