Sponsored

Misch Big Boy + Desert Does It Seat Slammer Combo...anyone done it?

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
In the next few weeks i am planning to get back into a Jeep after a 10+ year dry spell! Planning on going with a Gladiator so that I can have the best of both worlds of a truck (currently have 1-ton Diesel) and a Jeep. Unfortunately when i test drove the Gladiator i quickly found that my 6'5" 260lb frame didn't fit to well. My head was just barely touching the hardtop and i couldn't put my head back to the headrest without hitting the roll bar. I thought my dream was over until i came across the Desert Does It seat slammers!

I talked with them and they gave me the lowdown on their product and were a wealth of knowledge! While it sounds like their product will solve the majority of the problems, he did mention the Misch Big Boy bracket and said he has had a couple customers install both products, but also said some struggled with the installation of both. He couldn't elaborate much beyond that and suggested i hit the forums.

So has anyone done both, and if so, what was your experience?
If you only have experience with one or the other of the products, i'd be interested to hear from you as well!

TIA
WILL1E
Sponsored

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, no comments yet?! Are there no other fellow ogre's here that have had to use either product to fit in their gladiators better?

BruceWillys1748

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Stay At Home Dad
Hmm, no comments yet?! Are there no other fellow ogre's here that have had to use either product to fit in their gladiators better?
Hi WILL1E! Fellow ogre here! Haha

Just purchased a ‘21 Gladiator Willys, and was looking in to both, and had the EXACT same question! At 6’5”, my head is touching the speaker, and my knee is uncomfortably resting up against the instrument panel by the 4WD shifter, so I could use additional headroom, AND legroom. I know it’s been a while since your original post. Did you end up going with both, or one, or the other?

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went with the DD Seat Slammer and that was plenty for me. I no longer have a need to go further back which is what the other bracket system does. I would start there and then decide if you still need the other stuff.
Sponsored