Sponsored

Desert Does It seat slammer installation issue?

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ordered up the 2" seat slammer kit for my '20 JTR and installed it this past weekend. I'm not sure if did something wrong or if there was some issues with the parts. The flanged bolt that goes into the bracket that goes on the front of the seat next to the shifter console didn't fit. The threads fit, but the flanged portion would not drop down into the counterbore of the bracket. It didn't seem like the paint was thicker or anything, just seemed to small. The other front bracket fit just fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

I notified DDI, not sure if they are a member on here but i'll see what they say and report back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I heard back from Desert Does It and apparently their instructions are not current to the product. While they sent the hardware I was supposed to use on the front brackets, the instructions still specified to use the original hardware.

My solution during the install was to chuck the factory bolt into a drill and run the drill direction against the direction of my belt sander until the flange of the bolt was small enough to fit into the bracket. Ended up working just fine.

Last edited:

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I'm usually not a grammar/spelling nazi but your spelling of desert as dessert has put a smile on my face this morning.

Dessert Does Do It đź‘Ť

Jeep Gladiator Desert Does It seat slammer installation issue? 1658233829512

Sponsored

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Geesh, fella can't even come here and speak/type gibberish without getting called out!
We’ve all been there. Probably spent 3 hours in the garage before finally busting out the belt sander and taking to the forums! All sorts of words get used after an ordeal in the garage!

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish i could say that, unfortunately it's my culture driven laziness and dependency on auto correct...it should know i meant desert and dessert right?!

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Yeah as you found out should have used the provided hardware. The instructions they sent me too were also out of date but I only did the front seat Jackers so was pretty straight forward

Miami

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
Ordered up the 2" seat slammer kit for my '20 JTR and installed it this past weekend. I'm not sure if did something wrong or if there was some issues with the parts. The flanged bolt that goes into the bracket that goes on the front of the seat next to the shifter console didn't fit. The threads fit, but the flanged portion would not drop down into the counterbore of the bracket. It didn't seem like the paint was thicker or anything, just seemed to small. The other front bracket fit just fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

I notified DDI, not sure if they are a member on here but i'll see what they say and report back.

I'm going to have to go back and look at mine when I get off work. I don't remember having any issues with the install except my wife not being able to reach the pedals anymore.

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The guy at DDI made it sound like they recently changed the geometry that now prohibits the use of the factory bolts on the front jackers.

eggy

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Industrial Engineering
Are there any updates DDI Desert Does It discount codes? The code from the JL Wrangler forum didn’t work for me. Looking at getting some slammers. I’m 6’1” but having hard time seeing out the window with visor down and can’t see stoplights when I pull up to intersections. Hoping the slammers help with that. Thanks!!
Sponsored