Missleading sale

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
tried buying a set of Nittos using $50 off orders over $500. Was told Nitto tires don't qualify. I read the disclaimers and Nitto was not listed as a non participant. Cust service told me their ad needs to be updated. After they still refused to honor their mistake I canceled my order.
Sponsored

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
$50 on a set of Nitto's is not a big deal. Especially if it is a good price! But, sometimes it is just the principle!

I bought 2 sets of Nitto's from our dealer when they had a buy 3 get 1 free sale. The first time the tire price was good and a great deal. The second time the tire price was a little high but 1 free tire still was way better than anything else I could find!

OP. good luck on your search!

OP
OP
Frogwopp

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
This was through Northridge 4x4. Price was average, no deals out there right now. The $50 is just on principle. I refuse to do business with any company that will not honor an ad, mister not. Whats even funnier is I posted this in their section and it was immediately moved. They don't want to admit fault.

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
You stated that you read the disclamers
  • Certain types of products are excluded from these promotion types.
  • Northridge4x4 reserves the right to add or remove a product from the exclusion list at any time without notification.
Seems that they are clear that they reserve the right to add and subtract items. Granted they don't list any items or manufacture in the disclaimer itself. I wouldn't write them off just due to the item you wanted was not included. We all have our own thoughts and where we spend our money.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
  • Northridge4x4 reserves the right to add or remove a product from the exclusion list at any time without notification.
Seems that they are clear that they reserve the right to add and subtract items. Granted they don't list any items or manufacture in the disclaimer itself. I wouldn't write them off just due to the item you wanted was not included. We all have our own thoughts and where we spend our money.
That’s a bs disclaimer.

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ret. Army

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Never had a problem out of Northridge and all business reserve the right to exclude a tire or product on a promotion even if it wasn't listed by mistake. These companies make very little on tires likes this anyway, the markups are not huge on them by any means and are the same across the board for almost everyone selling them is why it's hard to beat one companies price compared to the next. Now if your going in for a install that's different because they can play around with the Labor prices and get you out the door cheaper. I wouldn't not business with them over something like this, sounds like it's on point with their policies and most other companies policy.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Which is fine, They reserve the right to modify any sale they see fit. In return they lost a sale that Frogwopp decided he didn't want to be a part of because It is Northridge's call if they want to loose out on a potential $880-$however high sale on a $50 discount.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Which is fine, They reserve the right to modify any sale they see fit. In return they lost a sale that Frogwopp decided he didn't want to be a part of because It is Northridge's call if they want to loose out on a potential $880-$however high sale on a $50 discount.
Not even close on the $880, they ain't making that on the sale. Your looking at $150-$200 profit maybe after they pay for the shipping cost on them, then $50 less if they honored that promo on the tires. I think they will stay in business if they lose this one dude, but your crazy if you think they were turning a profit like that. I used to deal with tires for a local shop I worked for a few years back, and you ain'tmaking money on them like that, especially the name brand ones. Now the off beat cheap tires that tire company's try to push on you, those are the ones you can turn a profit on because the Manufacturer don't set a set price across the board and say this is the range you can go with on it. That's why on those tires you can find some selling them for cheaper than others. Kinda like the Milestar Patagonia's in say a 37 12.5 17, call around and price them out, I recently did and the range was $915 up to $1300 installed and out the door, tires like that don't have a set Manufacturer price so if someone buys more in bulk and stores them in their warehouse they can sell them cheaper.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not even close on the $880, they ain't making that on the sale. Your looking at $150-$200 profit maybe after they pay for the shipping cost on them, then $50 less if they honored that promo on the tires. I think they will stay in business if they lose this one dude, but your crazy if you think they were turning a profit like that. I used to deal with tires for a local shop I worked for a few years back, and you ain'tmaking money on them like that, especially the name brand ones. Now the off beat cheap tires that tire company's try to push on you, those are the ones you can turn a profit on because the Manufacturer don't set a set price across the board and say this is the range you can go with on it. That's why on those tires you can find some selling them for cheaper than others. Kinda like the Milestar Patagonia's in say a 37 12.5 17, call around and price them out, I recently did and the range was $915 up to $1300 installed and out the door, tires like that don't have a set Manufacturer price so if someone buys more in bulk and stores them in their warehouse they can sell them cheaper.
i think everyone can agree that most shops don’t make money on tires, but on services and other items. The tires are mainly there to get the business. If they would have given him the $12.50 off per tire, what is the likely hood they would have acquired him as a customer?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
i think everyone can agree that most shops don’t make money on tires, but on services and other items. The tires are mainly their to get the business. If they would have given him the $12.50 off per tire, what is the likely hood they would have acquired him as a customer?
I guess that's true, but think of it like this, they give it to him then he tells his buddy that they gave him the discount and now his buddy wants it,or maybe he tells s few buddies, then they all want it. That leaves Northridge maybe losing more than one customer or worse yet having to honor the discount for multiple people. They tell us where I work at that if you make a exception for one customer be prepared to it for others and that's why we stick by the our policies. It can turn into a mess.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess that's true, but think of it like this, they give it to him then he tells his buddy that they gave him the discount and now his buddy wants it,or maybe he tells s few buddies, then they all want it. That leaves Northridge maybe losing more than one customer or worse yet having to honor the discount for multiple people. They tell us where I work at that if you make a exception for one customer be prepared to it for others and that's why we stick by the our policies. It can turn into a mess.
but as a business the failure was not giving clear expectations to the customers.

I agree, as a customer, if you do your due diligence and read all the “fine print”, it’s pretty clear that you have to add the items to the cart to see if they are eligible.

However, I could also see how this would be perceived as a “bait and switch” type of advertising. Either way, the issue is with not giving the customers clear expectations... which leads to confusion/upset customers like we are discussing....

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
but as a business the failure was not giving clear expectations to the customers.

I agree, as a customer, if you do your due diligence and read all the “fine print”, it’s pretty clear that you have to add the items to the cart to see if they are eligible.

However, I could also see how this would be perceived as a “bait and switch” type of advertising. Either way, the issue is with not giving the customers clear expectations... which leads to confusion/upset customers like we are discussing....
I totally agree, sucks either way. I seriously doubt this was bait and switch situation but I can see where it could be precieved that way for sure. I can see the customers side as well as Northridge's side. They gotta make a call in those situations on what's best for them as a company and although it sucks for this guy, I feel like they made the right call from a business side of it, they avoided a potential mess. Down side they may have lost a customer. Mistakes happen when advertising, you gotta be willing to make the tough calls when it does, sometimes it's losing a sale, but better to lose one sell than have to honor all of them or maybe number of them when word gets out. They know people read these forums and talk.

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ret. Army

Now I didn't list all the points to their fine print or exclusions to the sale. I was just posting the normal rights of the company. OP stated he read the details to the sale and was upset he didn't get the $50 off of $500.
Sponsored