First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Not even close on the $880, they ain't making that on the sale. Your looking at $150-$200 profit maybe after they pay for the shipping cost on them, then $50 less if they honored that promo on the tires. I think they will stay in business if they lose this one dude, but your crazy .......
I wasn't even think about profit per tire, but you do bring up a good point. Even so if it caused them to only make $1 per tire or even potentially loose a few bucks per tire but they manage to treat the OP well and honor what they posted and maybe even be transparent and let him know and show him that they are losing out on money on the tires alone for this sale but they will honor it anyway while providing quality service then they will most likely have a customer for a very long time. Honesty and Quality far out weigh Cost when it comes to taking care of what people love. A Jeep is one of those things that people will splurge on if it means getting quality and great service from people. This forum is proof of that. Next time he shopped there he would most likely have no problem paying that shop without discounts.
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I wasn't even think about profit per tire, but you do bring up a good point. Even so if it caused them to only make $1 per tire or even potentially loose a few bucks per tire but they manage to treat the OP well and honor what they posted and maybe even be transparent and let him know and show him that they are losing out on money on the tires alone for this sale but they will honor it anyway while providing quality service then they will most likely have a customer for a very long time. Honesty and Quality far out weigh Cost when it comes to taking care of what people love. A Jeep is one of those things that people will splurge on if it means getting quality and great service from people. This forum is proof of that. Next time he shopped there he would most likely have no problem paying that shop without discounts.
Exactly, and if I am interested in buying something for my Jeep in several months and one of the vendors is northridge 4x4, I will likely choose the other. Whether they are right or wrong it’s about the perception of the situation.

Northridge is likely doing the $50 off thing to acquire customers, but in reality what it did to that OP was deter him from ever purchasing from them again. These are things that need to be thought about when advertising.

Guitar center does this quite often... 15% off, but if you look at the exclusions it’s almost everything in the store. What they do differently is work with the customer and still offer them as much discount as possible, because the intent of the sale is to AQUIRE customers, not push them and all their friends, and forum friends away.

Also northridge had another chance to explain themselves (with logic, who can argue that) when the OP posted on their thread. But they chose to take it down, thus promoting this thread, digging the hole deeper.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, and if I am interested in buying something for my Jeep in several months and one of the vendors is northridge 4x4, I will likely choose the other. Whether they are right or wrong it’s about the perception of the situation.

Northridge is likely doing the $50 off thing to acquire customers, but in reality what it did to that OP was deter him from ever purchasing from them again. These are things that need to be thought about when advertising.

Guitar center does this quite often... 15% off, but if you look at the exclusions it’s almost everything in the store. What they do differently is work with the customer and still offer them as much discount as possible, because the intent of the sale is to AQUIRE customers, not push them and all their friends, and forum friends away.

Also northridge had another chance to explain themselves (with logic, who can argue that) when the OP posted on their thread. But they chose to take it down, thus promoting this thread, digging the hole deeper.
All good points, maybe NorthRidge can take a few pointers from this thread for the next time this happens. I still think from a business stand point they handled it the way they should have to prevent any other confusion from other customer.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
To my knowledge nothing has been taken down.

Also just to be clear what happened was the OP put the tires in his cart added the discount code and the discount didn’t work and it showed “items in cart are not eligible” the OP placed the order and then emailed demanding the discount to be applied.

We will probably just take the discount down at this point as it seems it is causing more confusion and creating a negative customer experience.

This industry has so many rules in regards to what we can discount and can’t it’s very hard to follow the rules and try and separate ourselves from the competition. The last thing we want to do with this offer is deter customers from ordering from us but from reading this thread it seems it has.

in regards to tires you guys are right on we make pretty much no money on tires and Jan 1 UPS raised the cost to ship them even higher.

In a perfect world if somebody has a question regarding a sale or anything to do with NR please call us, message us here , email ect ect prior to placing and order and we are pretty much available 24-7 to help answer any questions

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Also just to be clear what happened was the OP put the tires in his cart added the discount code and the discount didn’t work and it showed “items in cart are not eligible” the OP placed the order and then emailed demanding the discount to be applied.

We will probably just take the discount down at this point as it seems it is causing more confusion and creating a negative customer experience.

This industry has so many rules in regards to what we can discount and can’t it’s very hard to follow the rules and try and separate ourselves from the competition. The last thing we want to do with this offer is deter customers from ordering from us but from reading this thread it seems it has.

in regards to tires you guys are right on we make pretty much no money on tires and Jan 1 UPS raised the cost to ship them even higher.

In a perfect world if somebody has a question regarding a sale or anything to do with NR please call us, message us here , email ect ect prior to placing and order and we are pretty much available 24-7 to help answer any questions
Awesome response, I get it guys and totally back you 100%. From dealing with tires and other aspects of the sales side it's tough to be competitive when you have to abide by manufacturers set rates. You guys have always done great for me and will continue to get my support.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

Good response, thanks for taking the time to write and come forward about this issues. Sounds like a little miscommunication on events, but the ad is a little confusing and should maybe be a little more transparent? Good call to take it down. I resend on my comments to pick you vs another vendor.

OP
OP
Frogwopp

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT

Never emailed, and never demanded. Please don't embellish to try and make your point. I called customer service and asked why it was not working. Never was angry and as stated previously the customer service girl was very nice. My only point is that I will not do business with a company that will change their policies at whim. I don't know what your margin is on tires and frankly don't care. If you choose to lose a $1900 sale over $50, your choice. Everyone is correct in that it is your choice. My only point is if tires have such a low margin why not include them in the disqualification. It is that reason I will shop elsewhere. We all get to make choices.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Not embellishing, you called and said basically the code didn’t work please credit it or cancel my order. Which we canceled the order and refunded.

I feel this has been hashed out pretty well at this point. Happy wheeling and we will do our best to be crystal clear in the future.

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Never emailed, and never demanded. Please don't embellish to try and make your point. I called customer service and asked why it was not working. Never was angry and as stated previously the customer service girl was very nice. My only point is that I will not do business with a company that will change their policies at whim. I don't know what your margin is on tires and frankly don't care. If you choose to lose a $1900 sale over $50, your choice. Everyone is correct in that it is your choice. My only point is if tires have such a low margin why not include them in the disqualification. It is that reason I will shop elsewhere. We all get to make choices.
I guess you want be doing business with any of the major online companies that sell this stuff because they all do business this way. Sounds to me like you have some kinda cater to me mentality. If knew the code wasn't working you realized that they aren't part of the promotion, no matter what you read and you should of called to clarify before placing the order. Just you know common sense stuff.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Interesting thread. So a guy puts a thing in the cart because he thinks he is getting a deal. Otherwise, he wouldn't. The other guy says, hey, sorry, bad advert. Dude says whatever and goes along. Meanwhile, a couple other guys say cool cust service, like!!! Guys like me reading saying, huh, 25 posts of good riffs. Carry on

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
I can't believe I read through this entire thread.... shame on me for the waste of time!

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
It seems pretty simple to me and I don't think either side is at fault for trying to get the best value proposition out of a deal.

If I saw a sale that didn't disqualify something, I think it would be worth my time and money to ask customer service why it didn't discount in the cart (since the advertising wasn't clear). I don't know anyone who intentionally declines a sale or seeks out a higher price. That doesn't sound like demanding, threatening, or really even cancelling (more like declining). Either way just semantics to make the situation sound worse than it really was.

Nobody supports the dealerships who advertise half a dozen discounts they have no intention of honoring. I am not sure I want to support vendors that do the same. Nitto tires are pretty popular. I am no expert but I would imagine most deals explicitly exclude them and the OP was probably excited to finally find a deal only to have it walked back. There's not being detailed/thorough and then there's being intentionally vague. Good call on taking down the advertising.
Sponsored