Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting...

Mine was built in 6/19 (ordered 5/19, took delivery 7/19) and I had the Tekonsha IQ installed in mine for the trailer brake controller. I did push the lever a couple of times when towing (finally realizing it was lane position making my trailer not want to behave as I wanted it to...truck ruts on the highway, the trailer wanted to follow them instead of me, so I just scooched over a little in my lane and all was right with the world) and I never had my ABS go apesh*t on me. Never had a flash or anything. If I recall, that unit had the special diode wired into the line to the truck harness plug to keep that from being an issue 🤔 🤔 🤔
Some had a diode, some did not. MOPAR did not, many others did not. Go back into posts in very early 2020 or late 2019 here and you'll see where people put diodes in or bought other harnesses and so on.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Jaybre007

Jaybre007

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Production Control Clerk
I wanted to maintain my factory warranty and the Jeep guys are like some Harley dealers, they want to install their parts or they can make it extremely difficult to get warranty work completed. After doing some things ShawdowPapa suggested it looks like the is the module but the knob. Nothing to do with the wiring either but in reality a poor design on the knob in my opinion. I did maintain my 12 volt plug capacity as I moved it to the top of my dash and I like there a lot better than where it was located previously. I found the 12 volt receptacle at Loves truck stop and wired into one of the aux switches using the wiring harness located on the passenger side. I will take a picture later and post.
Wait, the button is not any kind of on off but is the emergency or trailer brake only button, when towing if you get into a trailer sway situation hitting that button will activate just the trailer brakes and straighten the trailer behind the tow….Jack
I think it is an awesome design.
IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

OP
OP
Jaybre007

Jaybre007

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Production Control Clerk
I did this from my phone the pictures are posted above, this was my 12 volt relocation I mentioned earlier.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just need some sort of small housing for it to mount it here........

Jeep Gladiator MOPAR brake controller 1709612892612
Sponsored