Sponsored

Mopar Katzkins Stitched Leather Part Numbers

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Hello All,

I need a bit of help from the Group. My rear seat cover is not made correctly, and I can't seem to get it repaired. I have taken it to the dealer, they told me that apparently my VIN says I have cloth interior, but I ordered my Rubicon with the Mopar Premium Stitched leather. The Dealer can't figure out the right part, so I called Katzkins, and they cant help either. The dealer was kind enough to NOT call me back after they couldn't come up with a solution... I have been chasing this for 7 months now, and apparently nobody can help.

Anybody have any idea what the part number would be to order a replacement seat cover?

Seat.jpeg
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
@JeepCares, mind helping this fella out?

OP, don't give in and purchase these at your cost. It should obviously be easy for someone at JEEP to look up your build and see that they installed the katzkins in them. Maybe JeepCares can get you connected to the right people at Jeep.

OP
OP
OrangeCJ

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
@JeepCares, mind helping this fella out?

OP, don't give in and purchase these at your cost. It should obviously be easy for someone at JEEP to look up your build and see that they installed the katzkins in them. Maybe JeepCares can get you connected to the right people at Jeep.
Thanks @JRobes, No intentions of purchasings them, but my dealer can seem to figure this out, I was going to tell them what part number too look for, if anybody has any ideas?!

Can't figure out why this is so difficult, It is still on the website as an option.

Thanks for the help ALL!

Last edited:

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
Well I’m in a similar situation but for a front seat, and nope no one can find part numbers!! Gotta love jeep!

OP
OP
OrangeCJ

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Hope you have a better time than I did... Was a major nightmare on par with the bottoming out issues!

The dealership finally got the part after some major runaround... they couldnt find the part, so they just stopped looking for a couple months. After I escalated they finally tracked it down, and then they installed it wrong, and destroyed it. These covers are only supposed to be installed by licensed dealers, don't let the dealership tell you otherwise

You will probably have to find a local Katzkins dealer, take it to them and have them reach out to the Mopar rep. He seemed to be the only person that knew what was actually going on. He got the replacement cover and the local Katzkins dealer did the install.

Only took about XX months, and many lost hours going to the dealership, making phone calls and escalating to corporate to get it broken worse... it was finally resolved by going outside Mopar... between HQ, designers and their dealerships they cant seem to get out of their own way. .

Sponsored

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
Can somebody clarify this for me? Is the OEM leather seating supplied by Katzkins? Does that mean a Glad can be retrofited from cloth to OEM leather outside of the Jeep dealer network by a Katzkins franchise?

Hank

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Can somebody clarify this for me? Is the OEM leather seating supplied by Katzkins? Does that mean a Glad can be retrofited from cloth to OEM leather outside of the Jeep dealer network by a Katzkins franchise?

Hank
When I had my leather done I was told I could get exactly the same thing all rubicons come with minus the rubicon logo even with me owning a rubicon katskinz wouldn’t budge. So I opted for the blanks but I got the black and red stitching that matches the rest of the rubicon interior. Hope that helps.

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
When I had my leather done I was told I could get exactly the same thing all rubicons come with minus the rubicon logo even with me owning a rubicon katskinz wouldn’t budge. So I opted for the blanks but I got the black and red stitching that matches the rest of the rubicon interior. Hope that helps.
I’m not surprised by their refusal to supply seat material with Jeep branding, it probably would violate their agreements with Mopar not to directly compete. I realize the process is largely a function of the local deal, but how did the process work out for you?

RobertRinAustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Wrangler JLU

Hank
[/QUOT

I had leather added by the dealer. They were Katzkins and I had them put a Jeep logo. It wasn't a problem for me.

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
I’m not surprised by their refusal to supply seat material with Jeep branding, it probably would violate their agreements with Mopar not to directly compete. I realize the process is largely a function of the local deal, but how did the process work out for you?
I placed the order katskinz put me in contact with my local installer. Dropped it off at 8:00 am that Monday (ordered on Thursday) and picked it up later that afternoon.
Sponsored