EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Did you end up figuring this out? @Moe Morales or @OMTBiker

I have a similar issue but with my Wrangler. I had the Dynatrac Endurosport lift, Yeti SS Trackbar, Fox TS SS (JL Version), and the longer Mopar LCA installed.

Rode great for a few weeks then it started to chirp over manhole covers or smaller bumps (Driver side front?). This started like a few days ago while we were on vacation in crested butte and aspen. Only thing we did was his some dusty off-road trails for hiking and crossed one stream.

Here is a video (Chirp happens at the 4-6 second mark as I go over the manhole cover).

So far I have had all the parts retorqued minus the LCA (this is my next guess), lubed up stuff with silicon spray (bushings, etc), washed the crap under the Jeep, checked different areas of the Jeep (tightened hardtop, etc), checked lug nuts, and disconnected the sway bar and manually drove it around, and it has still chirped.

As I said the LCA torque is my next guess and my other working theory is something with the brakes. I found a video similar to that on a Dodge Ram form and they claimed it was the clips holding the pads and had to re-grease those.

Last edited:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Check all of your control arm bushings to make sure they have not moved in the end of the control arm. I had one of mine (Rough Country Adjustable) work out a little after a hard day of wheeling. It resulted in metal-on-metal contact between the axle mount and control arm, and it sound just like yours. I had the bushing pressed back in with a shop-press.

OP
OP
Moe Morales

Moe Morales

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma
Did you end up figuring this out? @Moe Morales or @OMTBiker

I have a similar issue but with my Wrangler. I had the Dynatrac Endurosport lift, Yeti SS Trackbar, Fox TS SS (JL Version), and the longer Mopar LCA installed.

Rode great for a few weeks then it started to chirp over manhole covers or smaller bumps (Driver side front?). This started like a few days ago while we were on vacation in crested butte and aspen. Only thing we did was his some dusty off-road trails for hiking and crossed one stream.

Here is a video (Chirp happens at the 4-6 second mark as I go over the manhole cover).

So far I have had all the parts retorqued minus the LCA (this is my next guess), lubed up stuff with silicon spray (bushings, etc), washed the crap under the Jeep, checked different areas of the Jeep (tightened hardtop, etc), checked lug nuts, and disconnected the sway bar and manually drove it around, and it has still chirped.

As I said the LCA torque is my next guess and my other working theory is something with the breaks. I found a video similar to that on a Dodge Ram form and they claimed it was the clips holding the pads and had to re-grease those.
I still haven’t figured it out . Going to take it to shop Tomorrow

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
On mine I can get it to chirp just by rocking it back and forth. The dealer said it was the track bar which makes sense considering it did not start until after the track bar install.

We are leaving for a big road trip in two weeks and I am not going to listen to this chirp the entire time, it will drive me bonkers. I am going to buy a different track bar this weekend and will be selling the Synergy track bar and the new in box sector shaft brace when I get the new bar installed.

Synergy has not responded to my email nor to a voice mail that I left a week ago. Lack of support for a new product with issues is not acceptable to me. Time to cut my losses.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moe Morales

Moe Morales

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma
On mine I can get it to chirp just by rocking it back and forth. The dealer said it was the track bar which makes sense considering it did not start until after the track bar install.

We are leaving for a big road trip in two weeks and I am not going to listen to this chirp the entire time, it will drive me bonkers. I am going to buy a different track bar this weekend and will be selling the Synergy track bar and the new in box sector shaft brace when I get the new bar installed.

Synergy has not responded to my email nor to a voice mail that I left a week ago. Lack of support for a new product with issues is not acceptable to me. Time to cut my losses.
I might have to do the same . Mine started after I installed synergy adjustable track bar

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Moe Morales and @OMTBiker keep me posted. I would love to know maybe it can help me narrow my chirp down. I know I got a different trackbar but it’s something to consider.

Also Moe is the chirp similar to yours?

Deleted member 30519

+2 for checking the control arms. Mine got loose after installing 3.5" lift after taking it home on the NY crater roads.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have rechecked torque on all control arms, everything is tight. I can take a video if that would help to determine if it is the same noise.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a video of the chirping.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

JKS?

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yes it is
The one thing I have left that I need to do is torque my lower control arms.
Here is a video of the chirping.
Yeah mine does not do that when I rock my Jeep. Does your sound chirp the same when hitting bumps or manhole covers like in the video I posted?

Edit - I just rocked my Jeep after it sitting all night and I heard metal on metal clicking. Now it’s gone when I rock it but the chirp is still there when i drive it. Sounded like it came from the front end.

Edit 2 - @OMTBiker do you go to OSU? That’s my alma mater. I’m actually making a road trip to Columbus Ohio in 2 weeks for my little sisters wedding!

Last edited:

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one thing I have left that I need to do is torque my lower control arms.

Yeah mine does not do that when I rock my Jeep. Does your sound chirp the same when hitting bumps or manhole covers like in the video I posted?

Edit - I just rocked my Jeep after it sitting all night and I heard metal on metal clicking. Now it’s gone when I rock it but the chirp is still there when i drive it. Sounded like it came from the front end.

Edit 2 - @OMTBiker do you go to OSU? That’s my alma mater. I’m actually making a road trip to Columbus Ohio in 2 weeks for my little sisters wedding!
Mine is the same sound whether I rock the Jeep or while driving. I did hear back from Synergy, they asked me to remove the frame side bolt and clean the mounting surface then apply silicone spray to the area. I did that this morning and still have the chirp just not as loud.

@EngenZerO - I work at OSU.

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I’m actually contemplating when I go in to get my LCA torqued on Monday having the shop take out my Steersmarts trackbar and put back in the stock one to test if that’s the culprit.

That’s how the bottom of the trackbar sits on the passenger side. Dunno if that’s normal or is the cause of the chirp due to potential rubbing.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift chirping A805E81F-4421-4BC1-861C-A3C986B23F54

Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift chirping 7F8474AB-19ED-458D-BB07-F0661B6A6E72

Then IDK if this is poor machining or what but there are these pins or whatever sticking out of the top bushing by the driver side.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift chirping 766795E8-BA7C-4A99-B5A2-D77E6DAB16E4

Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift chirping 83A613F5-0000-44A0-A120-A343F2E25E96
Sponsored

Last edited: