First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Meh.... I’ve got Jpeggz mirrors and I like them. Ran em all summer. I like the choices /flexibility I worry that body mounted mirrors will get in the way/cost a lot when I break them on the trails. Maybe if the design lets us remove them or swing them out of the way it would work.

47CD9BC1-0A45-4768-96E1-12929B5FFF3D.jpeg
I'm not so worried about mirrors lol. What I want to know is where did you get the top from. Or is it the a Mopar top?
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
These won't work for tube doors or Bestop's two piece fabric doors...like the other posts, there needs to be a body mounted option...the JK had it, odd that nobody has figured it out yet.
The Bronco did...

Lol honestly at this price I'll just get some cheaper tube doors from Amazon. I just want them so I don't have to worry about my backpack or something flying out the back or equipment while I'm driving w/o the doors. These things are insanely priced...

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

wafferrr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Wrangler
Occupation
Network Engineer
These are the style brackets I'm looking for so my external mirrors can stay on the body all year round...can some entrepreneur figure this out for us all!!! These are military prototypes for the Jeep Gladiator I ran across.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator mirror bracket milspec.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator mirror.JPG

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
These are the style brackets I'm looking for so my external mirrors can stay on the body all year round...can some entrepreneur figure this out for us all!!! These are military prototypes for the Jeep Gladiator I ran across.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator mirror.JPG

Would love to find something like that. closet thing I have seen is pod light mounts so far.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
First world problem here but I really wish they'd incorporate a wiring harness to allow things like Blind Spot Monitoring to continue to work. If Jeep doesn't move the mirrors from the doors to the body on next generation vehicles they are dropping the ball.
There was a time when the mirrors were attached to the body

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Mopar Announces New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator

October 30, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar is introducing a new, factory-backed, doors-off mirror kit for Jeep® owners looking to safely enjoy the ultimate open-air driving experience in their Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator.

When original, factory-installed front doors with attached mirrors are removed, two separately mounted side mirrors may be quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.

“Mopar offers more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “With our new doors-off mirror kit, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners will enjoy an improved range of vision during their open-air adventures.”

Unlike other aftermarket offerings, Mopar’s doors-off mirrors are specifically engineered and tested to original-equipment standards, providing a production-equivalent field of view with minimal vibration. Each mirror in the kit attaches to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper door hinge. In addition, an innovative, custom thumb wheel-nut-clamp is used as an attachment point to the door flange.

Mounting brackets are finished with an anti-corrosion undercoat and durable black powder-coat finish. Mirrors include a built-in break-away feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail.

Installation is simple with the use of a T40 bit wrench, which is in the standard tool kit found in all new Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models. No special tools are required.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit (Part # 82215331AB) has a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $295. The kit is available for current-generation (2018-current) Jeep Wrangler and (2020-current) Jeep Gladiator models.

The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage for the mirror kit and bracket includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

After market ones that were made for the JL also work just fine.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
This whole mirror situation really hurts my engineer brain... Why on earth would you go through the effort and expense to design removable doors, and then go mount the mirrors on them?
Same for the need to remove your wiper blades to fold the windshield down.
With all the thoughtful, amazing engineering in the new JT, you'd think that SOMEONE would have thought "huh, maybe the mirrors should stay ON the vehicle"!
Mount the mirrors to the windshield frame or in front of the doors, and move the wipers to above the windshield hinge. Done!

sorry, </rant> :LOL:

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
There was a time when the mirrors were attached to the body
Yep, my 1978 CJ5 had mirrors that stayed on when doors were off...

(google images photo)

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator 15247705932eb8cb09f9092e0d5DSC_0551

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
This whole mirror situation really hurts my engineer brain... Why on earth would you go through the effort and expense to design removable doors, and then go mount the mirrors on them?
Same for the need to remove your wiper blades to fold the windshield down.
With all the thoughtful, amazing engineering in the new JT, you'd think that SOMEONE would have thought "huh, maybe the mirrors should stay ON the vehicle"!
Mount the mirrors to the windshield frame or in front of the doors, and move the wipers to above the windshield hinge. Done!

sorry, </rant> :LOL:
Yep so many odd things they did on this. Feels like nobody was testing anything. Even here, these mirrors block the ability to use the mopar tube doors....

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Meh.... I’ve got Jpeggz mirrors and I like them. Ran em all summer. I like the choices /flexibility I worry that body mounted mirrors will get in the way/cost a lot when I break them on the trails. Maybe if the design lets us remove them or swing them out of the way it would work.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator 15247705932eb8cb09f9092e0d5DSC_0551
I really like the JPeggz, I'm torn on whether I'm going to get some kind of trail doors which is the only reason I haven't purchased them yet. Love that footrest!

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar Announces New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator

October 30, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar is introducing a new, factory-backed, doors-off mirror kit for Jeep® owners looking to safely enjoy the ultimate open-air driving experience in their Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator.

When original, factory-installed front doors with attached mirrors are removed, two separately mounted side mirrors may be quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.

“Mopar offers more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “With our new doors-off mirror kit, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners will enjoy an improved range of vision during their open-air adventures.”

Unlike other aftermarket offerings, Mopar’s doors-off mirrors are specifically engineered and tested to original-equipment standards, providing a production-equivalent field of view with minimal vibration. Each mirror in the kit attaches to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper door hinge. In addition, an innovative, custom thumb wheel-nut-clamp is used as an attachment point to the door flange.

Mounting brackets are finished with an anti-corrosion undercoat and durable black powder-coat finish. Mirrors include a built-in break-away feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail.

Installation is simple with the use of a T40 bit wrench, which is in the standard tool kit found in all new Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models. No special tools are required.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit (Part # 82215331AB) has a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $295. The kit is available for current-generation (2018-current) Jeep Wrangler and (2020-current) Jeep Gladiator models.

The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage for the mirror kit and bracket includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Pretty awesome to think of this after the fact. Oh, and who gets paid yet again for this...ya, Jeep.

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
@JeepCares....

am I reading this correctly, that part #82215331AB comes with mirrors, but there is is a separate relocation bracket kit where you remove your factory mirrors and them to the pillars?

does the kit include the brackets?

do you then have to move them back to the doors when you put them back on?

what happens to blind spot detection?

can you just leave them on the pillars permanently?

Official Mopar.com description from Mopar

thanks in advance,
HogsWell

Part Description
Exterior mirror kit for use during doors-off driving. Kit comes with two mirrors with custom mounting brackets finished in powder coat Black paint. Compatible with Jeep Wrangler A-pillar bracket part 82215427 and Jeep Gladiator part 82216213 (sold separately).

Other Notes
Mirror Relocation Brackets allow you to move your factory mirrors from the doors to the body of the vehicle. Constructed of black powder-coated steel for long life and durability. Each kit includes a black steel filler plate for the door. Sold in pairs.
Sponsored