Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Yep, my 1978 CJ5 had mirrors that stayed on when doors were off...

(google images photo)

15247705932eb8cb09f9092e0d5DSC_0551.jpg
And wipers on the windshield frame...
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
That's effin' beautiful . . .

wafferrr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Wrangler
Occupation
Network Engineer
Anyone know if we can order the A Pillar light bracket hardware separate from the kit...looking for the spacers and longer bolts so I can make my own body mounted mirror bracket...

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
CMM mirrors work great with Mopar doors. No vibration at 70mph.

FD3FBCD5-09CF-492B-947D-9483327D1DD9.jpeg

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Those are way too much $$$ when several aftermarket solutions are not only better but cheaper.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
@JeepCares....

am I reading this correctly, that part #82215331AB comes with mirrors, but there is is a separate relocation bracket kit where you remove your factory mirrors and them to the pillars?

does the kit include the brackets?

do you then have to move them back to the doors when you put them back on?

what happens to blind spot detection?

can you just leave them on the pillars permanently?

Official Mopar.com description from Mopar

thanks in advance,
HogsWell

Part Description
Exterior mirror kit for use during doors-off driving. Kit comes with two mirrors with custom mounting brackets finished in powder coat Black paint. Compatible with Jeep Wrangler A-pillar bracket part 82215427 and Jeep Gladiator part 82216213 (sold separately).

Other Notes
Mirror Relocation Brackets allow you to move your factory mirrors from the doors to the body of the vehicle. Constructed of black powder-coated steel for long life and durability. Each kit includes a black steel filler plate for the door. Sold in pairs.

Holy crap, the other notes gets me excited. I would be willing to give up my power mirrors if I could move mine and never have to worry about them again.

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Those are way too much $$$ when several aftermarket solutions are not only better but cheaper.
Yeah, but the company is in TN. Like to support the small business guy when I can. I’m sure there are others but I liked this one. If something doesn’t work I can call them versus returning it in the Amazon wrap to Kohls.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
They are apparently the only ones that are actually stable and usable. Really not a bad deal if you have a use for the RAM mounts that come with them.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares....

am I reading this correctly, that part #82215331AB comes with mirrors, but there is is a separate relocation bracket kit where you remove your factory mirrors and them to the pillars?

does the kit include the brackets?

do you then have to move them back to the doors when you put them back on?

what happens to blind spot detection?

can you just leave them on the pillars permanently?

Official Mopar.com description from Mopar

thanks in advance,
HogsWell

Part Description
Exterior mirror kit for use during doors-off driving. Kit comes with two mirrors with custom mounting brackets finished in powder coat Black paint. Compatible with Jeep Wrangler A-pillar bracket part 82215427 and Jeep Gladiator part 82216213 (sold separately).

Other Notes
Mirror Relocation Brackets allow you to move your factory mirrors from the doors to the body of the vehicle. Constructed of black powder-coated steel for long life and durability. Each kit includes a black steel filler plate for the door. Sold in pairs.
HI @HogsWellThatEndsWell,

I have requested additional information from an internal team. I will be sure to provide an update once I have gained further insight. Thank you for your patience.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
HI @HogsWellThatEndsWell,

I have requested additional information from an internal team. I will be sure to provide an update once I have gained further insight. Thank you for your patience.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thats good to hear. Really want to know about some of these as well. If they can replace my stocks and leave them on you have a sale. I don't even care if I lose the power features honestly.

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Number of mirror sets needed for Full Door, Half Door, Tube Door, No Door Configurations:

Ford Bronco: 1
Jeep JL/JT: 4

Let alone only 1 of the 4 sets needed on the Jeep have full functionality of retaining power and safety features.
Good point, but then I would be driving a Bronco and not a Jeep...but you would think Jeep would have had enough foresight to fix this from the start

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you for your patience. I have received the following response:

The mirrors come with the brackets required to mount it to the vehicle when the doors are removed. You cannot leave the mirrors on the vehicle when you put the doors back on. The doors off mirror uses the same hinge points as the production doors, therefore, they cannot be used at the same time as the full production mirrors.

The mirror kit is compatible with the A-pillar light mounting bracket that mounts to the cowl area.
You lose the Blind spot detection when you remove your doors from the vehicle. The off road mirror kit is a manual mirror without any integration with the blind spot system.

I hope this helps.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Thank you for your patience. I have received the following response:

The mirrors come with the brackets required to mount it to the vehicle when the doors are removed. You cannot leave the mirrors on the vehicle when you put the doors back on. The doors off mirror uses the same hinge points as the production doors, therefore, they cannot be used at the same time as the full production mirrors.

The mirror kit is compatible with the A-pillar light mounting bracket that mounts to the cowl area.
You lose the Blind spot detection when you remove your doors from the vehicle. The off road mirror kit is a manual mirror without any integration with the blind spot system.

I hope this helps.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thanks. That description on the one site really had me hoping this would be more of a long term solution to the issue. I take it these don't work with tube doors either?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Thanks. That description on the one site really had me hoping this would be more of a long term solution to the issue. I take it these don't work with tube doors either?
Not if the tube doors use the hinges.

Birel33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland and a Ridgeline
Occupation
FF/EMT
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator FD3FBCD5-09CF-492B-947D-9483327D1DD9

These tube doors and mirrors were only $100 more than the mopar mirrors. These mirrors also provide a larger field of view. It is always an adjustment when I put the doors back on and have to use the stock mirrors.

Like others have said, Jeep blew it with using the door hinge as part of the mounting. How fricking hard is it to make an affordable mirror option for the Jeep?!
Where did you get the doors and mirrors? I like the look of them
Sponsored