First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
That about sums it up except I never installed the rivet nut I used. I just wanted to make sure that the tool I bought could handle the rivet nuts part so I Compressed one Making it unusable so now I’m looking for another rivet nut
@Green_Gladiator did find the right rivnut. Let’s see where he sourced it from.
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
They very well could if sent me the wrong ones
Could be the case. The one in that link looks like your correct rivnut, the diameter, you had in the side-by-side pic next to the one that was too large.

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Could be the case. The one in that link looks like your correct rivnut, the diameter, you had in the side-by-side pic next to the one that was too large.
That is the OG rivet nut that came with the cover

Sponsored

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
I didn't use mine. You can have them if you need to
That’s very awesome of you I’ll let you know if the new ones I ordered don’t work again and i’ll take you up on the offer!

Last edited:

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
So thanks everyone for your help on this I’ve decided not to install the Mopar roll up after all this…. Just ordered an undercover armor flex trifold…. If anyone in the northern New Jersey area is looking for a soft Mopar roll up with lots of extra rivet nuts I ordered a shit ton I will let it go cheap

OP
OP
NachoRuby

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
So thanks everyone for your help on this I’ve decided not to install the Mopar roll up after all this…. Just ordered an undercover armor flex trifold…. If anyone in the northern New Jersey area is looking for a soft Mopar roll up with lots of extra rivet nuts I ordered a shit ton I will let it go cheap
Haha. You'll probably like that one. Post pics after the install.

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I just bought these (6511062AA) and they are 2 big to fit in the hex hole> The small one is a M8 and came with soft roll up and fits fine the larger one is also a m8 part number (6511062AA) but you can see the hex size is 2 big to fit in hole in bed I scewed up and pulled one of the originals as a test to see if the tool could handle it now 2 weeks later im still searching for a replacement...LOL ps there will be a new Mopar soft roll up out in bulk trash this Wednesday ! Im done

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1640.jpeg
Did you ever find out the part number for the smaller one? My cover was missing both inserts.