Sponsored

More info on the 2020 Ecodiesel!

smess

80% new I want one, what dealer wants to take my check I will pay in full now lol!!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The guy who runs the "Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk" YouTube channel just got the opportunity to drive the Gen 3 EcoDiesel. He asked the engineer, and according to his statement the cam gears are still pressed on just like the Gen 2 engines. No keyway to keep them from spinning free over time, nothing.

So, they did not address the #1 failure point of the engine, but they did add a few new potential failure points to it.

No thanks, I'll pass.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
The guy who runs the "Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk" YouTube channel just got the opportunity to drive the Gen 3 EcoDiesel. He asked the engineer, and according to his statement the cam gears are still pressed on just like the Gen 2 engines. No keyway to keep them from spinning free over time, nothing.

So, they did not address the #1 failure point of the engine, but they did add a few new potential failure points to it.

No thanks, I'll pass.
A Mopar diesel tech was told by FCA that the lower end failures were being caused by a certain load on the engine while the transmission was in a certain gear. This caused a harmonic in the crankshaft, which in turn chewed up the bearing. When engines were being replaced, the tech was told not to reprogram the ECM, but he was told to reprogram the TCM.
Sponsored