Mounted and Balanced

ProjectM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So extremely a noob as noob can be question. I purchased wheels from custom offset for my sport S. (Black rhino overland 17s wrapped in 33” nitto ridge grapplers) I’m new to the whole truck field as well as tires. I took nearly 6 months to pull the trigger and finally will have them Monday. I wanted to know can I just mount them or is it recommended that I have a shop throw them on for me? Before I get killed about going 33” I’m in an area that all I use my truck for is the outer beaches so 35” is unnecessary for me plus I know many don’t regear but the way I am it would bother me not too. got to learn to crawl before you walk so I’m sure I’ll kick myself in the ass later and throw more money at tires later on hahah
Thanks for any input or advice
-Mike
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If you ordered tires and wheels, they should come mounted and balanced. Just put them on. Pick the one with the least weight for the driver front, and the next lowest for the driver rear.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Mounting them as is would be totally fine. If they are 12.5 and you do not have max tow package you may find you need spacers though.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you have better luck then I did with wheels from Custom Offsets. I never could get the TPMS errors to clear with what they sent. I eventually got tired of it & just disabled TPMS with a Tazer Mini.

OP
OP
ProjectM

ProjectM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
If you ordered tires and wheels, they should come mounted and balanced. Just put them on. Pick the one with the least weight for the driver front, and the next lowest for the driver rear.
Yes they will be I got then mounted balanced with tpms. Now as for weight why shouldn’t they all be same lol ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ProjectM

ProjectM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Mounting them as is would be totally fine. If they are 12.5 and you do not have max tow package you may find you need spacers though.
they are actually 11.7 I believe with a+30 offset apparently I should have not a single issue fingers crossed. Btw I do not have max tow though.

OP
OP
ProjectM

ProjectM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hope you have better luck then I did with wheels from Custom Offsets. I never could get the TPMS errors to clear with what they sent. I eventually got tired of it & just disabled TPMS with a Tazer Mini.
damn that’s one thing I didn’t want to hear that was an extra 179 and I rely on the computer to tell me when to stop filling lol an old fashion gauge will work but I like technology what can I say lol

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
damn that’s one thing I didn’t want to hear that was an extra 179 and I rely on the computer to tell me when to stop filling lol an old fashion gauge will work but I like technology what can I say lol
I really wanted them to work & someday I will get bored & go to my storage unit & grab my OEM wheels to take them in & have the TPMS switched. Custom offsets was very slow to respond. Over a month to get me a return label for the TPMS, but by that point I had already thrown in the towel & just accepted that I lost the 179 bucks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So extremely a noob as noob can be question. I purchased wheels from custom offset for my sport S. (Black rhino overland 17s wrapped in 33” nitto ridge grapplers) I’m new to the whole truck field as well as tires. I took nearly 6 months to pull the trigger and finally will have them Monday. I wanted to know can I just mount them or is it recommended that I have a shop throw them on for me? Before I get killed about going 33” I’m in an area that all I use my truck for is the outer beaches so 35” is unnecessary for me plus I know many don’t regear but the way I am it would bother me not too. got to learn to crawl before you walk so I’m sure I’ll kick myself in the ass later and throw more money at tires later on hahah
Thanks for any input or advice
-Mike
I bought my wheels from Custom Offsets. They had them here QUICK! They did forget to include my (free) black lug nuts, which I found that out AT the tire shop, while they were mounting and balancing them... So I called them pretty pissed off about that, and they actually refunded me that cost immediately, for something that was supposedly "free" in the deal. So I can't complain. The tire shop had the right ones in stock, and their's were WAY cheaper (not powder coated), and the lugs are covered up on my wheels and you never see them, so it all worked out for the best. Other than the lug nut ordeal (which ended up not being a big deal), I had a good experience with Custom Offsets. I will definitely buy wheels from them again in the future.

I bought just my wheels from Custom Offsets, because they didn't have the tires I wanted in stock. I bought my tires from @Discount Tire here on the forum, because they gave me a hell of a deal that I couldn't pass up. I bought my OEM takeoff TPMS sensors brand-used (100 miles on them) from a guy on eBay for cheap. And had my local tire shop do all the work.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yes they will be I got then mounted balanced with tpms. Now as for weight why shouldn’t they all be same lol ?
They will all likely have a slight difference in the weight required to balance them. The ones which need the least correction are more likely the smoothest riding of the bunch. You will fell any imperfection Last less by putting the ones with the least weight on the driver’s side. In theory...
Sponsored