NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I haven't checked it in city driving. Could be better, not sure, but seemed about the same though. My normal 15-16 mpg. I've never been very good at getting reasonable city mpg. Lead foot.
Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't checked it in city driving. Could be better, not sure, but seemed about the same though. My normal 15-16 mpg. I've never been very good at getting reasonable city mpg. Lead foot.
I was going to take the doors off Saturday for a drive out to Rocky Mount, Wilson, then home through Clayton (Hopfly at RM mills, whirligig park, deep river stop). Glad I didn't, about 10 minutes down 64 the entire sky fell on top of us.

Which highlights a problem with this in central NC - thunderstorms out of nowhere. I opted for the soft top because of this, easy to toss it back and roll the windows down but can reverse that at a moments notice.

I've done a couple highway trips with the top back and see ~17mpg. I've been driving more with the top up because of the sun and it's been a bit better but I don't expect to see in the 20s. I bought it to drive open and I plan to do that as much as possible.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I had to race home to put the top on mine yesterday, it was hot and sunny all day and then it got windy and the clouds rolled in. I called and had my fiance ready. Its light, but awkward and I scratched my bedside when I tried to remove it myself and had to wet sand it out. We got it on in 10 minutes, just in time... She's only 5'4", but just tall enough. The hard top only weighs 60 lbs and its only 8 bolts. I could have done it faster with a drill if I was really in a hurry, you'd just have to turn the torque adjustment way down.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Yeah I roll around with doors off and the top back on my soft top. Driving on the freeway around 70-75mph and I get 16.7mpg. When I have the doors on and the top on driving freeway speeds I get closer to 20-21mpg. However those 3-4mpg will never make up for the pain and suffering caused from being all confined with doors and a roof. I look at Dark Sky each day and am like, sweet it’s a Jeep day. Or like it’s going to rain at 6pm, so as long as I’m home by then...
Sponsored