First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Dodge Charger, F-150, Toyota Corolla
Occupation
Engineer
It's a shit design installed in a shit manner by a shit manufacturer. Shit dealers can't fix it and often destroy your hardtop and rear seats in the attempt. Fix it yourself:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-their-top-scratched-seats-ripped-etc.66403/

15 months in - no leaks. it is NOT WORTH the risk at the dealer when you can install a simple $15 fix that holds up and looks factory. Some guys who went the dealer route are on their 3rd window. Imagine taking it to a dealer and not having your truck for 3 months while they scratch your hardtop, rip your seats, leave broken glass in the vehicle, and you get the truck back and the WINDOW STILL LEAKS!!

No thanks.
Hey thanks for the reply! I saw your post on the repair and that is my next plan.

Currently scheduled with another dealer to see what their glass guy says if it is actually cracks in the glass or if the other dealer is BS me.
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Hey thanks for the reply! I saw your post on the repair and that is my next plan.

Currently scheduled with another dealer to see what their glass guy says if it is actually cracks in the glass or if the other dealer is BS me.
If you pull the black trim piece up top off ( interior ) and spray the back window you will see exactly where it's coming in and it's usually a plastic crack in the frame

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
2. Death wobble after about 8-9 months, fixed with steering dampner replacement.
Surprised nobody else has mentioned this. The steering dampener is just a band-aid. It did not fix the problem, it just masked it. The DW will likely occur again so just be prepared for that.

my back window has leaked since day one, and I’ve had one loss of power steering issue in 35k miles. You are not alone.

OP
OP
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
If you pull the black trim piece up top off ( interior ) and spray the back window you will see exactly where it's coming in and it's usually a plastic crack in the frame
Does the trim piece just pull off? I was searching online and did not see anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Surprised nobody else has mentioned this. The steering dampener is just a band-aid. It did not fix the problem, it just masked it. The DW will likely occur again so just be prepared for that.

my back window has leaked since day one, and I’ve had one loss of power steering issue in 35k miles. You are not alone.
Yeah I saw that the steering dampener was a band-aid fix. Hoping it was the issue for me, but if not I will keep an eye on it and return to the dealer if needed.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Keep in mind you don't need to remove the trim piece to fix this problem I was just more really curious where the hell the water was coming in.

Schaft

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Retired
Hey appreciate the reply on my venting post!

#4 (connected services) has probably been the most frustrating as I have had it for months and went through so many "fixes". I have a Jeep Wave and STAR case open so hopefully it gets resolved.

#5 (rear window leak) has just been the latest issue, but was shocked to find out it wasn't covered under warranty. I don't know how they can say there are cracks in the glass causing the leak but there are no visible cracks to see. Hoping the Jeep Wave case will help.

Check this video out for your leaky rear window. There’s a link for the product in the video.
Sponsored