Sponsored

NAPA Aux14 Out of Stock: Choices?

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Well, it finally happened. I bought my Gladiator in Oct ‘19 and batteries have been fine up until this week. A few days ago while on my 45 mile commute I received the ESS Battery Charging notice. I knew the day would come so I figured when it did I would just buy the NAPA batteries both main and aux. Well, looks like the closest NAPA Aux14 is in Michigan and has a 2 week delivery time. Bummer, I dont think I have the luxury of waiting that long as when I started the Jeep this morning was a slower start.
so I checked Autozone for an aux14 battery and they arent available at all.
Im looking to replace the main and aux together with AGM.
Genesis is not an option at the moment for me, so that being said, does anyone have a line on an AGM Aux14 thats readily available and which main will it pair best with?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Try O'reilly.

Also, somewhere in all these Golden Retriever squirrel herding threads and posts, someone gave a motorcycle battery that is the same dimensions.

*Interstate Batteries shows the AUX-14 also*

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
OP
OP
Red Hot Sloth

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I ended up going with Interstate AGM, both for the main and Aux.
Funny, Last week it went from “Battery Charging” 100% of the time to a slow start saturday and not starting this morning.
As far as getting the AUX14 locally (SoCal), Interstate was the only one available within the same day.
Napa 2 weeks out, Orielly 1 week out, Autozone cant get it, Battery’s + 2 days out, the 3 local Pep-Boys are under construction converting to Advanced Auto.
So I ordered through Authorized Interstate Battery Dealer Big O Tires.
The main battery has a 3 year warranty and the aux has a 1 year warranty.
So, good for now. My friend has a JLUR, it has 10k miles, about a year old and when I spoke with him this weekend he mentioned his did the same thing already last week, fortunately for him its under warranty, for now.
So it seems like mine has lasted longer than some but sooner than others.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it finally happened. I bought my Gladiator in Oct ‘19 and batteries have been fine up until this week. A few days ago while on my 45 mile commute I received the ESS Battery Charging notice. I knew the day would come so I figured when it did I would just buy the NAPA batteries both main and aux. Well, looks like the closest NAPA Aux14 is in Michigan and has a 2 week delivery time. Bummer, I dont think I have the luxury of waiting that long as when I started the Jeep this morning was a slower start.
so I checked Autozone for an aux14 battery and they arent available at all.
Im looking to replace the main and aux together with AGM.
Genesis is not an option at the moment for me, so that being said, does anyone have a line on an AGM Aux14 thats readily available and which main will it pair best with?

Thanks in advance.
For all of the talk of the wonders of AGM batteries, and that's what they come with, I found it a bit disheartening to read on a couple battery vendor and maker sites that AGM batteries have a typical life of roughly 3 years.
Wow, that's sad.
I've had the good old-fashioned wet cell batteries last from 6 to 12 years in the past.

I found 2 NAPA stores within a 60 to 90 minute drive from me that claim it's in stock there. I don't need one, but I got curious and looked. None in Des Moines, but hey, it's Des Moines, the city that doesn't have anything you really need when it comes to parts.
Sponsored