Need advice on my other car

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a MB GLC350e that is paid off and the manufacturer warranty is set to expire next month. I purchased it new 4 years ago and I have been the only owner. It was originally intended for commuting but when Covid happened and I started working from home, it has become our back up car. It has relatively low miles (21k).

Since it's paid off, I was thinking about keeping it and purchasing an extended warranty for it since MBs are very expensive if something breaks. However, the cost of 3 years additional warranty is about $6,200

Now I am debating whether I should sell it or hold on to it and purchase the warranty. Or hold on to it without purchasing the warranty since it's so expensive.

What would you do if in my shoes.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Alfonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator and 2012 Nissan Frontier
What other costs will you have if you keep it? Insurance & Property taxes.

When I bought my JT, I kept my Frontier to take my huskies for vet visits and hiking. It is covered with their fur and almost impossible to get out. My JT is fur free, except the little bit that comes in from my shoes.

So I pay an extra $550 year for insurance and a couple hundred for personal property tax.

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What other costs will you have if you keep it? Insurance & Property taxes.

When I bought my JT, I kept my Frontier to take my huskies for vet visits and hiking. It is covered with their fur and almost impossible to get out. My JT is fur free, except the little bit that comes in from my shoes.

So I pay an extra $550 year for insurance and a couple hundred for personal property tax.
- Insurance (~700)
- Registration (~490)
- Maintenance (~300)

So roughly about 1,500 annually.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
- Insurance (~700)
- Registration (~490)
- Maintenance (~300)

So roughly about 1,500 annually.
Oof, $490 a year for registration? AND you guys have state tax?
I feel for you.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Hold onto it, don't buy the warranty. The car owes you nothing at this point. That engine and tranny are proven. You're more likely to run into smaller issues than anything drivetrain on it. Keep up on normal maintenance. It's nice having a backup car. I doubt you could sell it private party compared to your value.. What's private value on it ? That's your number. But I wouldn't buy the warranty.
Sponsored