First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Happy Friday my fellow Jeep Peeps! Looking for some advice as I won't make it back to the shop for a few weeks.

Recently had some mods installed and now I have clunk/bang sound from the front end. Only happens after the truck sits overnight or for a few hours. Start up, allow to reach temp and proceed to pull out of my garage and bang/clunk when pressure is applied to the brakes.

Does not happen again till the next morning or hours after being parked. Below is a description of the work performed along with audio/video for review. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

2 weeks ago I had a shop install
-Teraflex 1.5" Level kit with bump stop extensions in the front. Daystar .75" spacers in the rear.
- Mopar lower control arms
- Fox ATS steering stabilizer

Around 5-sec mark I press the brake and you can hear the sound. Happens daily.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is identical to the question I posted about a couple of weeks ago. I'll provide a link.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Yall check your caliper bolts? Theyve had issues with them.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Here's mine.

It only clicks in 4wd. And only happens when first reversing or pulling forward.

Mine has Selectrack. Does yours? (It would have 4WD Hi - Auto)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/click-from-the-front-when-i-start-moving.59351/

Oh wow! Mine only occurs in 2H .. I will try 4H later today .. do not believe i have selectrac ... Have you been to the dealer yet ?

Yall check your caliper bolts? Theyve had issues with them.
Thanks I will for sure tonight ...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
After coffee this morning. Crawled under the front end. Reading on the forum lead me to inspect the Front Track Bar and Draglink for play.

"Is this normal"
I am able to rock the Front Track Bar up and down fairly easy with limited leverage as I am laying on the floor it moves approx 1" ... as well the draglink bar has similar play ...

Could this be the culprit to the noise described above and shown in the video?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
After coffee this morning. Crawled under the front end. Reading on the forum lead me to inspect the Front Track Bar and Draglink for play.

"Is this normal"
I am able to rock the Front Track Bar up and down fairly easy with limited leverage as I am laying on the floor it moves approx 1" ... as well the draglink bar has similar play ...

Could this be the culprit to the noise described above and shown in the video?
I don’t think your track bar should be moving at all. It should be the most rigid part of your suspension, as it connects your axle to frame.

As for the drag link, mine moves some too. Im not sure if that’s normal or not.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
@DailyMoparGuy I am thinking the same .. thank you for your response! it all started the day after I put the teraflex level kit on I wonder if the bar has to be replaced or just tightened ... My understanding was anything under a 2" lift the stock track bar can remain

Last edited:

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
@DailyMoparGuy I am thinking the same .. thank you for your response! it all started the day after I put the teraflex level kit on I wonder if the bar has to be replaced or just tightened ... My understanding was anything under a 2" lift the stock track bar can remain
Your understanding is mine as well. You can ride with the stock track bar no issues with the 1.5” level up front. I did it for months it performed great. It just needs to be tightened.

110 ft-lb each side.
Jeep Gladiator Need Help Identifying Front End Noise 33F28F33-2405-44D0-9312-CE303909CE95

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
Happy Friday my fellow Jeep Peeps! Looking for some advice as I won't make it back to the shop for a few weeks.

Recently had some mods installed and now I have clunk/bang sound from the front end. Only happens after the truck sits overnight or for a few hours. Start up, allow to reach temp and proceed to pull out of my garage and bang/clunk when pressure is applied to the brakes.

Does not happen again till the next morning or hours after being parked. Below is a description of the work performed along with audio/video for review. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

2 weeks ago I had a shop install
-Teraflex 1.5" Level kit with bump stop extensions in the front. Daystar .75" spacers in the rear.
- Mopar lower control arms
- Fox ATS steering stabilizer

Around 5-sec mark I press the brake and you can hear the sound. Happens daily.

I had the same problem! Front lower control arm was not torqued to spec! Check there!

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Check the tightness of the bolts on the track bar, and the drag link.

The drag link does move some, track bar should not move.

Some places loosen or even remove bolts on the track bar to do ANY type of lift.

Also while you're there, check tightness of sway bar end links. They may or may not have removed one side of them.

Generally if you get a clunk after putting in any type of lift, something wasn't tightened down.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Check the tightness of the bolts on the track bar, and the drag link.

The drag link does move some, track bar should not move.

Some places loosen or even remove bolts on the track bar to do ANY type of lift.

Also while you're there, check tightness of sway bar end links. They may or may not have removed one side of them.

Generally if you get a clunk after putting in any type of lift, something wasn't tightened down.
Much appreciated 🍻 .. I plan on getting back under the truck tomorrow ... will update for sure ...

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Your understanding is mine as well. You can ride with the stock track bar no issues with the 1.5” level up front. I did it for months it performed great. It just needs to be tightened.

110 ft-lb each side.
Jeep Gladiator Need Help Identifying Front End Noise 33F28F33-2405-44D0-9312-CE303909CE95
Bigtime thanks for this info!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will check my front suspension tomorrow.

I'd rather put a few minutes into diagnosing before going into the dealer.

This isn't worth going in on its own for.

My truck has thrown a misfire code and a steering rack code and its also due for a Wave oil change. So I'll bundle that all together.
Sponsored

Last edited: