Sponsored

Need Help with Steering Wheel Controls

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
We just took delivery of our Gladiator (as a replacement for our 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon). With every previous UConnect we've had from Chrysler on the back of the steering wheel, the left side, you can push the upper button to select the next station or the down button to select the previous station and the centre rounded button to scroll through your preset stations. This is how it worked on the JL, this is how it works on my Power Wagon, and I was expecting it to work the same way on the Gladiator. Despite our best efforts, its seems that pressing the left sided, middle button, on the back of the steering wheel does absolutely nothing. Can anyone else confirm for me that this is the case, before I lose my mind? Everything else works, I was just expecting the Gladiator UConnect to function like it did in our Wrangler, since it looks pretty much identical and has almost all the same apps. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pugfug

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Mine functions like your previous vehicles and scrolls through presets.
Hmmmm....wondering if I have a software issue that needs to be remedied...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We just took delivery of our Gladiator (as a replacement for our 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon). With every previous UConnect we've had from Chrysler on the back of the steering wheel, the left side, you can push the upper button to select the next station or the down button to select the previous station and the centre rounded button to scroll through your preset stations. This is how it worked on the JL, this is how it works on my Power Wagon, and I was expecting it to work the same way on the Gladiator. Despite our best efforts, its seems that pressing the left sided, middle button, on the back of the steering wheel does absolutely nothing. Can anyone else confirm for me that this is the case, before I lose my mind? Everything else works, I was just expecting the Gladiator UConnect to function like it did in our Wrangler, since it looks pretty much identical and has almost all the same apps. Thanks in advance!!
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting the dealership for this concern. I would be happy to help by opening a case.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
Pugfug

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Took the gladiator in to get it checked....the technician pulled the steering wheel apart and discovered that there is a pinched wire. The part has been ordered and should hopefully be on its way....ha ha...we are off to a good start!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pugfug

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting the dealership for this concern. I would be happy to help by opening a case.

Alison
JeepCares
Thanks Alison, looks like a pinched wire during the manufacturing process was the culprit. A solution is in the works!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Alison, looks like a pinched wire during the manufacturing process was the culprit. A solution is in the works!
I'm glad to hear! Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else.

Alison
JeepCares

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Update: Took the gladiator in to get it checked....the technician pulled the steering wheel apart and discovered that there is a pinched wire. The part has been ordered and should hopefully be on its way....ha ha...we are off to a good start!
I have had my Gladiator for about 5 days now and on the third day my steering wheel controls stopped working as well. On the voice command side the lights that illuminate the controls are flickering, so I am assuming I have a pinched wire as well. How long did it take to get fixed?

OP
OP
Pugfug

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had my Gladiator for about 5 days now and on the third day my steering wheel controls stopped working as well. On the voice command side the lights that illuminate the controls are flickering, so I am assuming I have a pinched wire as well. How long did it take to get fixed?
Once they have the new wire...10 min max...its a super quick fix so that is a good thing...

Reactions: Len

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Once they have the new wire...10 min max...its a super quick fix so that is a good thing...
Just found out that I need new steering wheel switches. Jeep ordered and will be in, in about 5 to 7 days.

Sponsored

Joeyroo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Same issue here -- the dealer thinks it's the right module, but if it that's not it, then it's the whole control module for the steering wheel. They said 7 days for the right unit, and if that doesn't fix it the whole control module supposedly is on backorder for 60 days. I called the Jeep Cares number and opened a case. Nothing like a broken Jeep on day 1. No volume, no input select, no saved presets, and worse no cruise or vehicle menus.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Same issue here -- the dealer thinks it's the right module, but if it that's not it, then it's the whole control module for the steering wheel. They said 7 days for the right unit, and if that doesn't fix it the whole control module supposedly is on backorder for 60 days. I called the Jeep Cares number and opened a case. Nothing like a broken Jeep on day 1. No volume, no input select, no saved presets, and worse no cruise or vehicle menus.
This sounds like it's starting to become a thing.

OP
OP
Pugfug

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This sounds like it's starting to become a thing.
Hopefully, once the parts come in it will be a quick fix for you....ours took about 10min to fix
Sponsored