Sponsored

Need ideas on phone mount solutions

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
I use the 67 designs rail system. Before that I used their JK mount. Never had any troubles with their setups.

On the Gladiator rail I have the arms and attached to that on the driver side I have the G3 MagMount which is great on and off-road, the magnet/plate inside the case holds my iPhone Max no problem. The passenger arm has the universal G2 for whatever phone style a passenger might have, it is also rock solid off-road. I have found though that passengers never really put their phones in the mount as they're too busy staring at it. :) I have a third ball mount in between the arms with a GoPro mount but I rarely ever use it.

I use the phone itself on the driver mount when off-road for Gaia GPS as their CarPlay app isn't as functional but is good when you're dialed in and just following a route/track/map. I mostly, however, am using it via the CarPlay wireless adapter I have connected in the center console for local trips and just ask Siri for directions, music etc. I am firmly embedded int he Apple ecosystem. The phone on those local trips will be on the MagMount as I come and go from the Jeep frequently. On long trips on-road I use the wireless adapter as well but plug the phone into a rear USB-C charger, so it doesn't interfere with the wireless CarPlay adapter connection to the head unit. This keeps it charging and the phone gets put into the center console as well.
Sponsored

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My mother uses a device like this in her Rubicon although it's not this exact one. It is an adapter that allows android auto or car play to be a wireless connection. I installed it in the center consol so it's out of sight and it does work. No it's not a phone mount solution but it provides more wireless mounting options if wired connections are a concern.
Wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay Adapter, Carplay Wireless Adapter for Car 2023 Dual System Android Auto Wireless Carplay 5.8GHz WiFi Online Update Apple iOS 10+ and Android 11+ https://a.co/d/fR3Hm1U