First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
So my two year old grabbed hold of a ladder that was leaning against the garage wall and pulled it over onto the Gladiator.

Cracked the tail light, small dent on the crease.
I’m actually shocked at how little damage it did! The ladder hit at almost 45° and was moving fast. A few inches to the right and it would have destroyed the quarter panel.

So the $400 question. Oracle flush mount lights. Should I go for it? Have all the issues been worked out now? I have the non led ones at the moment.

0D2A75BA-3BAB-40DA-AC21-943224BD99FF.jpeg
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
I have run the Oracles for 16 months no issues, yes they could have fit tighter, Also, I was a non-led truck and used the Jscan to program the lights, all to LED .. put out a WTB on Marketplace if you want to stay stock; in the meantime get red reflective tape to cover the hole.

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
So my two year old grabbed hold of a ladder that was leaning against the garage wall and pulled it over onto the Gladiator.

Cracked the tail light, small dent on the crease.
I’m actually shocked at how little damage it did! The ladder hit at almost 45° and was moving fast. A few inches to the right and it would have destroyed the quarter panel.

So the $400 question. Oracle flush mount lights. Should I go for it? Have all the issues been worked out now? I have the non led ones at the moment.

0D2A75BA-3BAB-40DA-AC21-943224BD99FF.jpeg
If it were me, I'd go to pepboys, autozone, homedepot ... basically anywhere and get some 5 minute clear epoxy and just fill in that hole......

unless you are looking for an excuse to get the flush mount oracles or something ... in that case I'd say just go for it! :)

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
I love the look of the oracle flush mounts, but after I busted my factory LED tail light and after reading about the uncertainty of the oracle flush mounts, I decided to stick with factory. it was more expensive for the one factory light than the set or oracle.

XJamesX

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JT Mojave, ‘20 Jeep JL
I’ve had Oracle taillights since the first run of them and had no issues. I had a non-LED truck and used a Tazer to program them. They seem to have worked out the issues that other forum members had, but that opinion is just from reading the posts.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I love the look of the oracle flush mounts, but after I busted my factory LED tail light and after reading about the uncertainty of the oracle flush mounts, I decided to stick with factory. it was more expensive for the one factory light than the set or oracle.
I’ve had Oracle taillights since the first run of them and had no issues. I had a non-LED truck and used a Tazer to program them. They seem to have worked out the issues that other forum members had, but that opinion is just from reading the posts.
Allow me to clear up the uncertainty around LED equipped JT's and our lamps! As of 06/2022 all tail lamps produced have all the electronics built in to communicate with the BCM to circumvent the notorious "Dummy Error" you get the truck no longer see's the OE lamps.

We also have plug & play adapters available which mitigate this for production batches before then!

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
Allow me to clear up the uncertainty around LED equipped JT's and our lamps! As of 06/2022 all tail lamps produced have all the electronics built in to communicate with the BCM to circumvent the notorious "Dummy Error" you get the truck no longer see's the OE lamps.

We also have plug & play adapters available which mitigate this for production batches before then!
would have been a lot cooler if you got rid of the issues before this was released. Having to 'clear up the uncertainty' on a productor or add plug and play adapters to mitigate a problem will immediately will turn people away from it (myself included).

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
would have been a lot cooler if you got rid of the issues before this was released. Having to 'clear up the uncertainty' on a productor or add plug and play adapters to mitigate a problem will immediately will turn people away from it (myself included).
We put this exact info out several times over a year ago. Sorry you missed it!

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator,1993 Jeep Wrangler,1967 Camaro
We put this exact info out several times over a year ago. Sorry you missed it!

Hello Oracle,

Tagging onto this for your input. I have a 2020 Gladiator that is new to me. It has the flush mount rear lights. The passenger side has started malfunctioning. The reverse light works for a second and then cuts out. It stays out and then briefly flickers back on and then goes right back out. I think they are the best looking tail lights out there. Since I am not the original owner, I am not sure if the truck came factory with LEDS. WHat is the next step?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Hello Oracle,

Tagging onto this for your input. I have a 2020 Gladiator that is new to me. It has the flush mount rear lights. The passenger side has started malfunctioning. The reverse light works for a second and then cuts out. It stays out and then briefly flickers back on and then goes right back out. I think they are the best looking tail lights out there. Since I am not the original owner, I am not sure if the truck came factory with LEDS. WHat is the next step?
Can you remove that light and PM me a photo of the wiring so I can have a look?

Sponsored

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you remove that light and PM me a photo of the wiring so I can have a look?
Thanks for your response. It will probably be a week before I can get to it, but I will. I checked again this morning. Everything is working, but the passenger reverse light. I do have updated information. I just went out and tested the lights and the passenger side reverse light is now working. It was not at 7:00 AM this morning. We have had off and on rain the past couple of days. It is not currently raining. I have noticed that the Passenger light does have condensation on the inside of the light. The driver side does not.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Thanks for your response. It will probably be a week before I can get to it, but I will. I checked again this morning. Everything is working, but the passenger reverse light. I do have updated information. I just went out and tested the lights and the passenger side reverse light is now working. It was not at 7:00 AM this morning. We have had off and on rain the past couple of days. It is not currently raining. I have noticed that the Passenger light does have condensation on the inside of the light. The driver side does not.
Sure thing - Just PM me that info when you get a chance & we can go from there!

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure thing - Just PM me that info when you get a chance & we can go from there!
New to this site. Is the start conversation under your profile the PM function?

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
Take it out of the 2 year olds college fund ......................wait you have a Jeep so that fund is already gone LOL . Glad the kid was OK .
Sponsored