Sponsored

New Gladiator Rubicon v. Slightly Used - What Am I paying for?

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl

cfowler55

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto shop owner / technician
Check with folks tha have painted fenders. I wanted black for the color contrast. But , first trip out rocks peppered the fenders , particularly the front side of the rears. I can only imagine what they would look like had they been painted.
Charlie

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeepers! According to the dealer, used prices are justified by demand. Trade in values not so much. I’ll look at options when things stabilize. Hate the fact of not knowing how it was cared for in addition to new prices for used at pre Covid levels.

Edit: I’m also at 30K miles in two years but I travel constantly towing my GeoPro so it’s mostly highway.

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
Don't second guess yourself. Consider the options you want personally and make the decision based on your research. Where you live AND how far you're willing to drive will also significantly affect the price you pay.

In late 2020 I researched and it really wasn't close then. Bought a new max tow with the exact specs I wanted and got 8K off sticker (40k MSRP, paid 32k). Used ones had things I didn't want and were very rarely max tow for $35-40k. Made literally no sense to buy used in my scenario. *Note* my local dealership (small mt town) would not come off MSRP a penny, no need too. They only have a few Gladiator models and they'll sell at full price because humans are lazy. I drove 4 hours to the largest Jeep dealer in the state (Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs, CO) and saved myself $8,000!

OP
OP

Advocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ
Really appreciate the feedback everyone. Almost got the new one but the deal fell through and I ended up buying a 2020 that had everything I wanted and more. Got it checked out by the city’s go to jeep shop before purchase. I look forward to being part of y’all’s community!

E8B90035-B989-48C3-965E-DF9BACDAF760.jpeg

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
When I bought my JTRD, I looked for a Certified Pre Owned (CPO) Jeep. The CPOs have a 7-year, 100K mile warranty which exceeds the new warranty in many cases.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Cheaper to order a new one, better APR and complete new warranty.

I wanted a Gecko Green Mojave........used was $57,000-65,000 used, I ordered my '23 Mojave with the options I wanted and was $51k out the door.........so that's my experience and perspective .......take it for what its worth.

Ordered 18 August and took delivery on 24 October I think................plus no one else had their dirty little dick beaters on it LOL

So weigh your options ....Cheers

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Really appreciate the feedback everyone. Almost got the new one but the deal fell through and I ended up buying a 2020 that had everything I wanted and more. Got it checked out by the city’s go to jeep shop before purchase. I look forward to being part of y’all’s community!

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator Rubicon v. Slightly Used - What Am I paying for? E8B90035-B989-48C3-965E-DF9BACDAF760
Amazing how the JT makes the TJ looks so fuckin small

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
It looks like you've done more research than most if not all of us with regard to the difference between model years.

I purchased a 21 JTRD in October of 21 anticipating a sharp increase in pricing and interest rates based on indicators at the time. I was very fortunate that I did.

Other than this, with purchasing a used vehicle...the same risks are at play as with all used vehicles. Are you purchasing someone else's problems? You're not getting the benefit of a full warrant or any warranty depending on what you're getting. How much is piece of mind worth to you?

No one else can answer these questions for you. As I indicated above, you've done your research on models. The only thing to do is make your decision, which no one but you can do. Just my .02.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
I think going used might make sense if you were paying with cash.
Sponsored