New phone mount

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I've been looking at several phone mounts but I'm going on a trip so I needed something quickly. I put in an Amazon knock-off that holds one phone, and I'll probably end up with another one at some point that can hold multiple devices. Right now though, my wife isn't interested in putting her phone on it so this should do for a while.

$35 on Amazon. The good news is, it's pretty well built, the full length tray uses the dash mount screws that go right in after you remove the mat and it's sturdy.

Jeep Gladiator New phone mount 20210620_175557

Jeep Gladiator New phone mount 20210620_175606
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have it. Didn't like my phone sitting up that high, so pulled it and went with one of the Off Roam models that mount on the vent.
Since my eyes are normally on the road ahead of me, I prefer something at eye level. I hate having to look down and to the side to see something. That's why I was looking at something that mounts up on the dash like my old GPS used to do. I always had it on the dash or windshield so I could watch unfamiliar turns and roads and highways and not have to keep looking down. Plus, I'm blind in my right eye so looking to the center of the dash area - not a good option for me. Even looking over at the radio is distracting, it's too low.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Since my eyes are normally on the road ahead of me, I prefer something at eye level. I hate having to look down and to the side to see something. That's why I was looking at something that mounts up on the dash like my old GPS used to do. I always had it on the dash or windshield so I could watch unfamiliar turns and roads and highways and not have to keep looking down. Plus, I'm blind in my right eye so looking to the center of the dash area - not a good option for me. Even looking over at the radio is distracting, it's too low.
I'd sell it to you cheap, but I suspect by the time you add shipping from FLA to IA, it'd probably be about the same as the Amazon price.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'd sell it to you cheap, but I suspect by the time you add shipping from FLA to IA, it'd probably be about the same as the Amazon price.
Yeah, shipping........... I boxed up my Draw-Tite front receiver as someone was interested in it, weighed the box, measured it, went online to find out what FEDEX and UPS would charge to ship it - holy #@$% ! over 40 bucks!

Amazon prime day deal knocked off some bucks so figured I'd give it a try. I so rarely use my phone in the truck anyway, it would be mostly for trips out of the local area, longer trips into unfamiliar areas. Waze is handy because it alerts to stuff in the road, police, accidents and does a better job than most other GPSs so it would be mostly for that.

@ShadowsPapa - here is a link to the one I bought, it looks almost exactly like the one you were looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092CGZD9D?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I'm sure that these Amazon knockoffs have several that are about the same....it suits my needs for now.
That link now says "in stock soon, order now" LOL
Funny thing - that's the same price as the one I was looking at and the pics are all but identical.
My guess - same source, different sellers, or, as I found out about some items on eBay, same source, same seller using different accounts and names.

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
Yeah, shipping........... I boxed up my Draw-Tite front receiver as someone was interested in it, weighed the box, measured it, went online to find out what FEDEX and UPS would charge to ship it - holy #@$% ! over 40 bucks!
USPS flat rate boxes are amazing. They’ll basically ship anything that fits in the box. I’m guessing a front receiver doesn’t though.