New Rubicon Tonight and Question

Waffen6

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi all, first post and just had our new Rubicon delivered tonight. Got it from a dealer a couple hours away as they had the best deal and delivered it for free. Never test drove it (test drove some locally) and while cruising it randomly has these little "stumble" and cant tell if its from the engine or transmission. Only 160 miles on it so maybe its still learning? Anyways love it so far, cant wait to take the top off tomorrow and cruise around.
Sponsored

RickF

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
Can you describe the issue in more detail? Is it a drop in power? A rough shift? Or are you not sure?

Some gear hunting at highway speeds is normal, because the 3.6L engine sometimes has to work really hard to maintain the speed of a vehicle so heavy and NOT aerodynamic.

DavidBT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Happily Retired
My Sport S Max Tow was delivered about 2 and 1/2 hours to my driveway. Haven't had a single problem. It tows our 5,500 lb travel trailer great.

OP
OP

Waffen6

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It did it when cruising at 60 and at 40, now I switched it to manual and it still did it so really wondering if its even the transmission. It feels like it quickly downshifted, or a quick loss of power.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
It did it when cruising at 60 and at 40, now I switched it to manual and it still did it so really wondering if its even the transmission. It feels like it quickly downshifted, or a quick loss of power.
Of the hilt here… but are you following the break in schedule?

Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Mine has 950 miles on it and feels like it does that sometimes. I'm not too concerned. It could be learning, it could be some nuance with the Jeep I'm not used to, could be me being too hyper sensitive to things.

Anyway, It runs and drives great so I'm not worried about it until a real problem arises or an engine light comes on, lol.

TOOBSOCK

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Hobby
My 2018 JL with the 3.6/8 speed had what I would call a stumble too, but it was almost always around 35-45mph. And yea it felt like what you described as a little loss of power or downshift, somewhat subtle. My 2020 Gladiator with the same engine/trans combo doesn't do it. Never did figure out why it did that, but I never had any problems out of my JL so maybe its innocuous?

OP
OP

Waffen6

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Of the hilt here… but are you following the break in schedule?
I looked in the manual just says drive moderately for the first 300 miles which I have.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
My JTR M/T has done this on occasion, usually while cruising at speed, highway or back roads. It's like the fuel system goes dirk for a second. So few and far in between I have left it alone.
Sponsored