First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Diminished value is a pain in the ass to get. My son got rear ended in my JKU Rubicon causing a crease in the rear crossmember thus forcing a frame swap. The insurance basically to.d me to lawyer up. I ended up trading the Jeep in after the repairs were done on a new Cummins. Not a good experience overall.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Fellow in little Sentra decided to slam into my rear driver's corner as I was making and almost finished a left hand turn....

3EDEFCA7-D12E-4FDF-92C2-B3E9928E9104.jpeg

7F2E51FA-5959-42DA-B461-DB83ACC02275.jpeg
Blows big time! I have been working from home most of the time and when I get on the freeway around here in my 2 week old Jeep I think everyone is driving like idiots. What's the big damn hurry? I feel your pain man, hope all get's made right!

OP
OP
Dav6662

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
What did the insurance conclude? How much was the repair to the JT?
Concluded that I was in the wrong...evidently there was a worn out but solid line that I was supposed to see that told me I could not legally make the turn into the parking lot at that point. The weather was such that it was misty rainy and road was wet...I did not see the solid rain and evidently did not see the driver I supposedly pulled in front of even though he never honked and he hit me very late in the turn and hit me in a lane he should not have been in, etc. etc. I am not whining but my adjuster on this was a real ass and made up his mind I was wrong and it was easier to settle than fight it. The other driver mysteriously became hurt after the wreck and my insurance paid for his medical as well.

The difference in all of this I believe, is that the other driver’s adjuster took time to come look at accident sight while mine was too busy to get anyone out to look and he repeatedly told me he was in Houston and he just did not have time. Very bad experience. The damage to my Jeep was a total,of $2000.

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to hear that. The good news is that you were not hurt and your Jeep didn't get badly damaged.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
This is personally why I run a dash cam, it's saved me once in a I-say you-say.
$200 for it.

I also would honestly suggest just to reach out to an accident lawyer for at least their free consultation. However, if you have already accepted the claim as is there is no changing it :(

Also I tried the diminsihed value, good luck. I don't think you can get that without paying a lawyer. For me, the cost of the lawyer to fight for it was more than 50% of the loss so I dropped it. Without a lawyer State Farm sent me a screenshot of cars supposedly in a wreck for sale vs no and saw less than 1k difference and denied it.

OP
OP
Dav6662

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that. The good news is that you were not hurt and your Jeep didn't get badly damaged.
Agree...and I got a nice aftermarket bumper from Hard Rock 4x4 for the cost of my $500 deductible

F3983D77-C82F-4602-9714-925544187551.jpeg
Sponsored