First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
What do the thieves think they’ll get out of those when they literally cut the wiring for them to work….
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
so my dealer has already ordered new replacement lights, brackets and other misc, and agreed to repaint the scratches to my satisfaction, I’m happy with there response so far.
Good to hear there are still decent shops out there!

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
That completely sucks, so very sorry to hear and see this. I'm glad the dealer is making it right for you to, they need to. I had lights stolen of my Land Rover Discovery, but the good part is, when I dropped it off, I told them, do not leave it out of a secure area, but they did, I called and told them, if you're done with it, let me know and I will come get it. They didn't work on it for 2 months. They made it right as well. I seem to see more of this thieving stuff in neighborhoods now, that is why mine is always in the garage. I had to make the garage door bigger, but, I figure its worth between $45k & $55k so, its worth more than anything else that needs to go in the garage, so thats where it gets parked. Looking forward to more of your story as it plays out, hopefully with a happy ending.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t imagine the buyer wanting to do that lol
Maybe they are using them on their rig, not selling them and you would be surprised. I've sold lights that I cut before and someone paid for them

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
If they dealership fixes it to your satisfaction, which it sounds like they are doing, maybe give them a shout out here. Most people post about the crap dealerships. Would be nice to hear which dealerships are still doing it right.

OP
OP
Bulldog

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
I had some scratches on the side of my hydro blue JT that looked like that and they buffed out much to my surprise. I would have them try that before painting.
it’s hard to tell from the pictures, but unfortunately some of the scratches go down really deep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldog

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
If they dealership fixes it to your satisfaction, which it sounds like they are doing, maybe give them a shout out here. Most people post about the crap dealerships. Would be nice to hear which dealerships are still doing it right.
over the years I’ve purchased 2 new Nissans a new JLU and my folks have purchased 2 new Nissans from them, and there service has always been excellent, I can’t see it being any different this time. when it’s done good or bad I certainly will post the results with there business name attached.

OP
OP
Bulldog

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
At least you still have your catalytic converter?
the service manager told me that they have so many catalytic converters stolen that the cops don’t even come out anymore, he also said they have a night guard that makes rounds, but I’m not sure how someone could’nt here the racket I’m sure it made.

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
the service manager told me that they have so many catalytic converters stolen that the cops don’t even come out anymore, he also said they have a night guard that makes rounds, but I’m not sure how someone could’nt here the racket I’m sure it made.
I’ve had multiple friends take those night guard jobs in college. Most of them used it as time to get paid to do their school work or watch movies. They’d do a round of the property every 30-45 minutes and go back to what they were working on. More than enough time to roll up, cut the lights off and roll out.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had multiple friends take those night guard jobs in college. Most of them used it as time to get paid to do their school work or watch movies. They’d do a round of the property every 30-45 minutes and go back to what they were working on. More than enough time to roll up, cut the lights off and roll out.
I know guys doing this right now, not in college. A few buddies of mine work a few lots and they pretty much say they get paid doing nothing. As long as they make a round every so often nothing's ever said. Sad but true!!!

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Sounds like the dealership is in a terrible neighborhood! Wow.
Sponsored