Sponsored

New Soft Top that folds down into the bed.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Whatchu got against us Overland peeps?
Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
People who get upset over the "man bun" are overly pedantic.
Another option is that some just want a full convertible (or closer to it).

So to all you engineers who seem to think Jeep's solution is half-assed, what's the alternative?
Have the top come down closer to the bed. It doesn't have to go all the way down to the bed, but right now the back window portion doesn't go down at all relative to the roof height.

Having it even come down partially compared to roof height would be more of a full convertible, look better, shouldn't compromise bed space, and I imagine would catch less air while you're at it.

If I'm wrong and having it come down ANY lower compromises bed space, then I'll accept that. I admit I have no personal experience with the stock soft tops and just going by pictures/video.

EDIT: After watching a few videos, I have a little better understanding now why it stops at the top, with the back window and quarters able to come off separately. Since those can come off easily (I thought it was all 1 piece), that actually addresses a good portion of my complaints and helps in the looks department significantly.

Last edited:

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Whatchu got against us Overland peeps?
Nothing wrong with us Overlanders. It is important to ensure we all feel like we are in a safe space.

MikeM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I've been talking to these guys for a while now. Like everyone else, I'm not going to pay that much, but what I did NOT fully understand is that those two pieces that fit behind the back seat doors aren't painted to match your Jeep. It's up to YOU to get those painted prior to installation.

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Curious at what speed does wind and rain seep into the rear section... it's not sealed.

As another post mentioned... I can appreciate the effort that went into it but, it comes up a bit short.

But, their designers have defeated the blank page. Version 1 is in the books. It will be interesting to see how MyTop and other vendors improve it.
Sponsored