Sponsored

Newbie her going to buy a gladiator this weekend after getting permission from home boss.

Bownhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , Crossfire , Pilot
Well finally gonna bite the bullet on a gladiator this weekend .. first jeep I have had since college cj_5 Levi edition. I still have those damn levis buttons branded on my back and legs. Anyway have a line on a hydro blue gladiator S
With max two .really wanting to negotiate katzkin leather seats,; anyone know the cost ? I'm shooting for between.82% and 84%of MSRP. , so should be some fun. My calculator will be working overtime.and I'm ready to wait a dealer out. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Well finally gonna bite the bullet on a gladiator this weekend .. first jeep I have had since college cj_5 Levi edition. I still have those damn levis buttons branded on my back and legs. Anyway have a line on a hydro blue gladiator S
With max two .really wanting to negotiate katzkin leather seats,; anyone know the cost ? I'm shooting for between.82% and 84%of MSRP. , so should be some fun. My calculator will be working overtime.and I'm ready to wait a dealer out. Any help appreciated.
If you search the posts created by @JAY , he posted an updated listing of cost for trims and options which shows retail msrp and invoice values. Find that, print it out, highlight the trim and options you want and then add it up and take 5 or 6% off invoice price. Then you can go to the dealer with paper in hand and say “this is what I want, that’s the price I can get from dealers linked to the Gladiator forum, what do you have or what can you find?”

I printed the list of what I wanted and took it to my dealer. they had a rubicon with all the the stuff that was mandatory on my list (hard top, auto, tow, proximity...) plus the safety pkg. (didn’t have that on my list but kinda like having the blind spot light on the mirror to let me know when I’m fully past the vehicle on my right.) any rate, ended up getting 11.5 below msrp and 5.6 below invoice. ($46k on $52k sticker)
Having the numbers on the paper shows them you’ve done your research and if they bring you a price of 2% off msrp you’re gonna walk so they will do what they can to get your business. They don’t make much on the vehicle but most people (when happy with the sale) return to the same dealer for service/accessories/extended warranties and such and that’s where they make their money. So most will make ya a good deal on the truck itself.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
The Pricing Calculator Worksheet is no longer kept current, correct?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Good luck. Your price range seems to be realistic, but the leather add on could be streching it. Before your leave for you shopping adventure, check with a local upholstery shop to see what the cost is to install the leather. You can negotiate from there.
Keep us posted

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Always got to have the CFO approval!

Trivia point about Levi’s: when they were first launched in the 1800’s one of the unique features were the rivets at all the important and stressed seams. That includes one at the bottom of the fly until they started receiving significant complaints. When it was cold outside and men sat close to the campfire, the rivet would get very hot and...well, you get the issue!

Best of luck and post up some pictures!

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Any updates OP?

OP
OP

Bownhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , Crossfire , Pilot
Update, proud new owner of Hydro blue gladiator overland. 50.4 k MSRP . They had the price on their website at 41.2 which was damn good to begin with. They had @1k of dealer added "extras" on top when I started dealing. I pushed back on these and got another $500 for my trade which was already about 1k above what I wanted. Asked for some slush mats and we were done. Of course finance guy was pushing extended warranties, but I noped on those . So got around 7 -8 % below invoice all together. The 2k back helped out.
I was concerned I wouldn't like the stance of the overland, but with the optional A/T tires it looks pretty good. It's basically gonna be my commuter with some trips to the ranch and beach. Definite upgrade from my 10 year old f150. Overall not a bad buying experience.

Daeyis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR 6spd
Without pictures it never happened.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Congrats! Sounds like a great deal, but like Daeyis said, need some pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bownhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , Crossfire , Pilot
Still getting used to the different driveability vs my f150. F150 was like driving a couch, the JT is like driving a comfortable office chair with wheels with all of the adjustments. I like the cloth seats more than I thought I would. Can't wait to get it on the beach next week. Think I'm gonna name him U-my-boy blue.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Looks great! I ordered mine in white with the tan cloth seats. Probably should have ordered blue to stand out a little more.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
CONGRATS!!!
I just hope your boy Blue does better than OG Blue...:angel:
tenor.gif