Sponsored

Dealer added to my order without permission!!

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 hummer, 1987 firebird, 1929 Mercedes
I just got off the phone with the dealers manager, new sales guy took the order, he confirmed verbally over the phone what I wanted, read off the list but neglected to send out the order confirmation sheet to me according to the manager. They did send me an email with my VIN though a few days after I placed the order as in Literally, "hey, we got your VIN for your new gladiator and its .........". Manager apologized and said they would not charge for those items and would hold to the price we both agreed on. they just sent the confirmation over to me and it does indeed show the cover and rims added in, also shows the grab handles missing that I had wanted. I was told that the young gun sales guy said it would look better with the polished rims and cover and didnt think the grab handles added any value. the manager again apologized for his guy's assumptions and would take care of it. I explained to him my wife who has bad arthritis in both knees NEEDS those handles. again,, more apologies and was told he will correct the situation at no cost to me
Sponsored

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if one of the other options selected requires those now or if they just messed up adding them. When I initially ordered a gladiator they messed up and I caught it going through the list before they hit submit. Like others said try the calm approach first, they will jerk you around a bit I'm sure. Are you doing a trade in as well? Dealers are pretty desperate for inventory so you may have some wiggle room there. I got $3k more than I paid for a 2020 Durango 6 months ago on a trade on a new Grand Cherokee L last month. I politely declined on their first 3 offers and was walking out the door when they made the offer.
my trade would be a 2007 H3 hummer, bad ass truck lol. so Im going to sell it outright, they would give me 3k for it as a trade but I see them selling used privately in this area upwards to 15k currently

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with the dealers manager, new sales guy took the order, he confirmed verbally over the phone what I wanted, read off the list but neglected to send out the order confirmation sheet to me according to the manager. They did send me an email with my VIN though a few days after I placed the order as in Literally, "hey, we got your VIN for your new gladiator and its .........". Manager apologized and said they would not charge for those items and would hold to the price we both agreed on. they just sent the confirmation over to me and it does indeed show the cover and rims added in, also shows the grab handles missing that I had wanted. I was told that the young gun sales guy said it would look better with the polished rims and cover and didnt think the grab handles added any value. the manager again apologized for his guy's assumptions and would take care of it. I explained to him my wife who has bad arthritis in both knees NEEDS those handles. again,, more apologies and was told he will correct the situation at no cost to me
Sounds like a win/win grab handles you can pick up cheap if they dont add them for you. There's also some aftermarket metal ones that bolt to the A pillar that might be more useful for your situation as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should share this dealership's name. That's stand-up commitment to their customers!
once I take possession and they keep the word ill name them. they are local to me. im in central MA

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Sounds like a win/win grab handles you can pick up cheap if they dont add them for you. There's also some aftermarket metal ones that bolt to the A pillar that might be more useful for your situation as well.
I’m confused by this bit. Aren’t the grab handles on the A-pillar standard?

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Did you pay $495 for the remote start? It should be included in the $995 cold weather package.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Who cares what you sent them.
That’s harsh. The OP cares and the dealer has either made a mistake or is trying something sly.
You have two choices, mention it now, and get it sorted out, or go the other route wait for it to arrive and deal with the confusion then.
As for swapping out the rims and tires with something on the lot, that’s not as easy as it may sound. New stock has “their” build sheets and it can be a pita.
Now if you were thinking of a tire and rim upgrade as many do, you could be in the drivers seat for negotiating a sweet deal.
Retail sales can be cutthroat in times like we are seeing, BUT what the retailers need to understand is times will change, word of mouth and social media have power. If it’s a reputable dealer they should work with you to ensure you and your friends are repeat customers.
Good luck, keep us in the loop.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Did you pay $495 for the remote start? It should be included in the $995 cold weather package.
Nice catch, as well $1295 for the Alpine and another $1995 for the 8.4 Nav and premium sound group. Double pricing?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Nice catch, as well $1295 for the Alpine and another $1995 for the 8.4 Nav and premium sound group. Double pricing?
He didn't post an actual build sheet. He just copy/pasted a bunch of stuff from the Jeep website. No indication what he actually got/paid for.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
He didn't post an actual build sheet. He just copy/pasted a bunch of stuff from the Jeep website. No indication what he actually got/paid for.
Ok now it makes sense.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
That’s harsh. The OP cares and the dealer has either made a mistake or is trying something sly.
You have two choices, mention it now, and get it sorted out, or go the other route wait for it to arrive and deal with the confusion then.
As for swapping out the rims and tires with something on the lot, that’s not as easy as it may sound. New stock has “their” build sheets and it can be a pita.
Now if you were thinking of a tire and rim upgrade as many do, you could be in the drivers seat for negotiating a sweet deal.
Retail sales can be cutthroat in times like we are seeing, BUT what the retailers need to understand is times will change, word of mouth and social media have power. If it’s a reputable dealer they should work with you to ensure you and your friends are repeat customers.
Good luck, keep us in the loop.
You took my entire comment out of context and quoted 6 words. But okay.
Sponsored