No brakes after 200 miles

Foodtruck12

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport
I got my Gladiator about three months ago. Love it. My dad decide to pull the trigger yesterday on a new one after listening to me rave about mine. He came in Sunday night, drove to the dealership Monday morning and picked up his new Gladiator. Headed back home this morning, about a 320 mile trip. Half way into his trip, smoke starts pouring out the back. He goes to pull over and... no brakes! Coast it to a stop and there is no more fluid in the reservoir. Called the dealer and they found one close to him to pick him up and take the truck to there lot to have it fixed. Needless to say, he is not happy with me. Some how it is my fault. probably just a loose fitting, but man, only 200 miles and it is on a tow truck! Not a good start.
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Stuff happens. Luckily No real harm. No one celebrates or posts every time we drive and nothing bad happens. Hope the dealer takes care of it and all is well.

OP
OP

Foodtruck12

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport
I get that stuff happens sometimes. After he got a tow truck there, it looks like the issue is the transmission. Transmission fluid was leaking out of the cooler is what he said it looked like. Got T back to a dealership where he lives and they said it will take 3-4 days before they can look at it. They also would not give him a loaner stating that he did not buy the Jeep from them so they where not required to provide a loaner. Sounds like he is getting the run a round because he got a better deal in another city.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I get that stuff happens sometimes. After he got a tow truck there, it looks like the issue is the transmission. Transmission fluid was leaking out of the cooler is what he said it looked like. Got T back to a dealership where he lives and they said it will take 3-4 days before they can look at it. They also would not give him a loaner stating that he did not buy the Jeep from them so they where not required to provide a loaner. Sounds like he is getting the run a round because he got a better deal in another city.
Open a claim with @JeepCares

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wow
I bought from a dealer west of Des Moines, and took it to Ankeny to get the tonneau cover replaced and they gave me a loaner - Even though I didn't buy it there..........
Required, I don't know, but they did.

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
that sucks, good thing it wasn't discovered under emergency breaking....sending good vibes to you and your father, hopefully it can all get sorted and his opinion of JT gets restored once fixed. Definitely bad service from the dealer doing the repair, they should honour the warranty provisions, some dealers are just petty

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Our team would be happy to assist alongside your dealer for additional support. Please send us a private message with your VIN at your earliest convenience so that we may look into this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
yes, contact Jeep Cares. They really helped me recently. No brakes and they said it was the transmission? Huh?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
jeepcares really helped a ton with my saggy, less than good tonneau cover. I know it's not brakes, but still........... it pays to have help and support like that.

OP
OP

Foodtruck12

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport
So update! Sounds like Jeep cares got involved and my dad got his truck back! Was a loose connection.. they tightened the hose, filled it with new fluid, test drove it, ran some tests, and washed the engine and under carriage. So far so good, and my dad canā€™t be happier. Thank you Jeep cares!

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Good to hear!

Sad to say though, plant QC is not doing very well too many stories of loose bolts and hoses.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear!

Sad to say though, plant QC is not doing very well too many stories of loose bolts and hoses.
They should be able to do better, especially on safety items. I did assembly line QA/QC/rapid fix or pull off the line in the trim shop at a GM plant in the mid 1990s. The problem is often a faulty tool or process and the assembler has no feedback /indicator and usually only has 60 seconds to do the job and move to the next. If they catch it they can stop the line and get it addressed ASAP. The QA people canā€™t cover everything (Usually got a target - every 10th vehicle, check a,b,c,dwhile the vehicle moves down the line and stay out of the way of the other assemblers - bonus you get to fix, report, adjust the procedure and training when you found a problem or come in on Saturday and fix the problems) so if itā€™s an intermittent issue with an unclear root cause (kinked air hose and faulty quick clips were frequent issues) it can get missed. Hopefully the report gets back to the factory and they get it resolved.
Sponsored