First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
This morning I checked to see if there are any changes to the radio. The off-road pages are there and I have an icon for xmradio now. I still may have to go back to the dealer according to xmradio, since this radio belongs to someone else.
I am glad you guys told me that it may take a while for certain things to start working. Now we need Jeep to get working on a fix for the Bluetooth noise during a cell call.

OP
OP
Lost1wing

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Update on the radio. Do you remember when the dealer put in a used radio to fix the Nav/ compass issue that was broken by the dealer trying to do a software update to fix the crappy microphone output?

Sirius XM didn't work because it was previously owned by another Jeep owner. The dealer couldn't register the used radio to me and I couldn't register the radio because it was registered to someone else. Everyone's fingers pointing at someone else and not the solution. After a day and a half XM started working. This was a year ago. Yesterday, I could not renew my subscription because I wasn't the owner of the radio. Today after 2 hours on the phone I think it is squared away, at least for another year.

Don't let the dealer install a used radio if you need one replaced. I know you don't have much say about it, but when the item needs to be registered to the owner, it becomes a nightmare when they screw up.

They said, it's new take it back to the dealer. I say nay nay.

Just venting. Thanks for reading this.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Update on the radio. Do you remember when the dealer put in a used radio to fix the Nav/ compass issue that was broken by the dealer trying to do a software update to fix the crappy microphone output?

Sirius XM didn't work because it was previously owned by another Jeep owner. The dealer couldn't register the used radio to me and I couldn't register the radio because it was registered to someone else. Everyone's fingers pointing at someone else and not the solution. After a day and a half XM started working. This was a year ago. Yesterday, I could not renew my subscription because I wasn't the owner of the radio. Today after 2 hours on the phone I think it is squared away, at least for another year.

Don't let the dealer install a used radio if you need one replaced. I know you don't have much say about it, but when the item needs to be registered to the owner, it becomes a nightmare when they screw up.

They said, it's new take it back to the dealer. I say nay nay.

Just venting. Thanks for reading this.
Interesting. Would think Sirius XM really did not care who owned the physical radio and the attached XM ID #, just who had a active paid subscription tied to it. Leave it to them to fuck up someone wanting to actually give them money.

I have bought other used vehicles with a Sirius/XM radio and never had a problem of it being tied to another owner or account when I wanted to enable it and the subscription was no longer active with the old owner.

OP
OP
Lost1wing

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
I had the subscription paid in my name. They wanted to speak to a William (previous owner). They could not understand that this radio no longer belongs to William and that the Jeep dealer put it in my Jeep. I hope I don't have to go through this every year, yikes!
Sponsored

Last edited: