No LED to LED Tail light

SergioGmz

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S 2020
So I have a Sport S and have been looking to get a LED Tail lights upgrade, but as many of you may know this has not been a priority for many suppliers, except for quake (Which meeh.. was not my cup of tea).

Now, I started looking in the option to just upgrade to the Mopar LED version. I thought that this was just pug and play, but have not find an issue in this forum of people doing this, plus i found this: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/tail-lamp-gladiator-jt/driver-led

Jeep Gladiator No LED to LED Tail light 1600960866858

So if I do change them do I need to flash the computer?

Has any of you done this upgrade?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The flash can be done with JScan, AlfaOBD, or a Tazer. You don't have to pay the dealer to do it.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a Sport S and have been looking to get a LED Tail lights upgrade, but as many of you may know this has not been a priority for many suppliers, except for quake (Which meeh.. was not my cup of tea).

Now, I started looking in the option to just upgrade to the Mopar LED version. I thought that this was just pug and play, but have not find an issue in this forum of people doing this, plus i found this: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/tail-lamp-gladiator-jt/driver-led

Jeep Gladiator No LED to LED Tail light 1600960866858

Yes you will need to flash the computer and the front turn signals are tied into the rears also. JScan is your best option IMO, that's what I used. I upgraded all of mine to led bulbs.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Not surprised that you need both front and rear to be the same.

Dealer flash can be free, or cost you over $100.00. Depends on the dealership. Tazer will allow you to run LED lights with no issues. Currently I have only LED front signals and the stock non-led taillights. With the tazer I was good to go with having one of each.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not surprised that you need both front and rear to be the same.

Dealer flash can be free, or cost you over $100.00. Depends on the dealership. Tazer will allow you to run LED lights with no issues. Currently I have only LED front signals and the stock non-led taillights. With the tazer I was good to go with having one of each.
You don't need a flash for the front turn signals, they want show a error code for some reason and it want hyperflash. I didn't have to use the JScan until I added the led taillight bulbs to the rear, and even then it didn't hyperflash, it just threw a message on the dash that said rear turn signals out.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
You don't need a flash for the front turn signals, they want show a error code for some reason and it want hyperflash. I didn't have to use the JScan until I added the led taillight bulbs to the rear, and even then it didn't hyperflash, it just threw a message on the dash that said rear turn signals out.
Good to know. Regardless if adding LED lights the computers settings need to be updated somehow so things work perfectly. Only lights I need to change at this point are the taillights, waiting for some decent aftermarket ones like many lol

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I changed my front signals only, flashed with tazer and have no issues related to the rear....not sure why some say they're connected but maybe it's different if you only change the rear, for some reason??

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I changed my front signals only, flashed with tazer and have no issues related to the rear....not sure why some say they're connected but maybe it's different if you only change the rear, for some reason??
I'm not sure, I just know on mine that had no led lights other than the side rear marker light in the tail lights ,tag lights and interior lights, the turn signals didn't hyperflash or throw a code only when I added led bulbs to the rear it showed the message on the dash. As far as them being connected,no just assumed they were because on my JKU they ran off the same fuse for each side. Passenger side front and rears had a fuse and drivers side front and rears had a fuse. Maybe the JTs are different.

Note also I got a Max Tow which has two 2 bulbs in the fenders, one for turn signal and one for DRL.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I'm not sure, I just know on mine that had no led lights other than the side rear marker light in the tail lights ,tag lights and interior lights, the turn signals didn't hyperflash or throw a code only when I added led bulbs to the rear it showed the message on the dash. As far as them being connected,no just assumed they were because on my JKU they ran off the same fuse for each side. Passenger side front and rears had a fuse and drivers side front and rears had a fuse. Maybe the JTs are different.

Note also I got a Max Tow which has two 2 bulbs in the fenders, one for turn signal and one for DRL.
Yea mines a max tow as well, don't think that matters as far as switching to LEDs.
But as far as I can tell they are not connected (front/rear) if they were there would be separate settings for switching front and rear to LED in the tazer and other programmers

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research

1600960866858.png

You can change this setting with a Superchips Flashcal.
And let me PSA that I don’t think I have ever gotten a correct answer when I ask Quadratec. Seriously. They said Flashcal can’t adjust for LEDs; it does. They said the hood I bought didn’t come with insulation liner; it did. They list LED headlights for the JT that the manufacturer (when I e-mailed them) stated they have never actually tested on a JT and don’t officially support. I have actually thought about asking questions I know the answer to already just to see the malarky they respond with. They aren’t doing themselves or the vendors of the products they sell any favors by SWAGging answers.
I would suggest just e-mailing the manufacturer. Most of them are smaller companies that will get back to you quickly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yea mines a max tow as well, don't think that matters as far as switching to LEDs.
But as far as I can tell they are not connected (front/rear) if they were there would be separate settings for switching front and rear to LED in the tazer and other programmers
The JScan does have separate setting for setting front and rear. It's got separate settings for the Fogs, headlights, Turn signals, DRL, Taillights and rear turn signals. I don't know, I just know you got to set the rears for sure if you switch to LEDs, not sure if that applies if you don't have front Led Turn signals. As far as reverse lights I know that doesn't matter, but the rear turn signal will throw a message on the dash if you don't flash the jeep for rear turn signals or do a whole system flash, whichever applies.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S

Sorry, that should have said "there would not be"
Sponsored