Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you this, after they gave me what they did for my 2010 JKU used when I bought my gladiator and then what they sold it for, I would buy new if buying a jeep wrangler or gladiator. My JKU was run through the ringer, had dents and scratches all over it and had 2 inches of water in all floorboards plus no working AC. Soft top was pretty beat up as well and it had 131,000 miles on it. They have me $11,000 for it and sold it for $17,500 5 days later. Honestly they never even cranked it up, they just looked at it, hooked the OBD up and saw no codes. Then asked me what I wanted for it. I told them to cut me a $11000 check and I'd buy the Gladiator and that's what happened. You got to really do your research on used Jeeps. I also was on my 3rd transmission. Good luck on yours, you would be surprised the damage someone could do in 6000 miles. It may have been a repo.
Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
And unfortunately probably why someone traded that in with only 6000 miles on it. You have no idea what that rig went through before you bought it.
Never, never buy a used 4WD offroad capable anything, it's like buying a rental car - the (negative) possibilities are endless.....

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Not to pile on. Actually.... impossible. That just blows. Sorry.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Never, never buy a used 4WD offroad capable anything, it's like buying a rental car - the (negative) possibilities are endless.....
That's right. And as the old adage questions: what's the difference between a rental car and a 4wd truck?

The rental car will go everywhere.

OP
OP

Btaylor62000

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Vice President
Update: rear main seal is fixed, front axle seal is fixed and the auto stop/start issues was a secondary battery problem. Had the steering TSB done and now I hear a popping sound every time I turn the steering wheel to the right. It did it from the moment I picked it up. Going back in for a repair related to the steering gear replacement and hopefully it will be good after that... been a long road. Here are a few pics of it without highlighting the issues I have had :)
Jeep Gladiator Nothing but issues D7688296-320D-44CF-9BE3-CF65801B7A71
Jeep Gladiator Nothing but issues 9594BD5B-5069-4FCE-B31D-9B9149ED50D6
Jeep Gladiator Nothing but issues 31090C4A-1BF0-4375-9D76-E37C38289E2C

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck on yours, you would be surprised the damage someone could do in 6000 miles. It may have been a repo.
Spot on with that, when I got my LJ I could have gotten a 05 LJ with hard top and automatic transmission for 2/3 what I paid for mine. It was a repo I thought about buying it until I checked under the hood and frame. Low mileage and factory warranty still, from the bottom vs inside I'm sure the Dealership replaced the carpet and gave it a detailing to just sell it.
Sponsored