Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I've been to Gettysburg numerous times and never saw that.

Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Several years ago, my wife and I were discussing getting a bull calf to raise, and eventually process for the meat. My oldest daughter, about 12 at the time, asked why we didn’t buy meat at the grocery store, and save a cow……

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Several years ago, my wife and I were discussing getting a bull calf to raise, and eventually process for the meat. My oldest daughter, about 12 at the time, asked why we didn’t buy meat at the grocery store, and save a cow……
Just show this -

It answers all questions anyone may have.

When I farmed back in the 1980s, we had serious rain issues for a while - too much of it. Crop flooding, washing out of the nitrogen so there were poor corn yields aside from the usual plant drowning. Reporters of course came to Iowa to discuss the situation and report on it. One of the women from out east, perhaps familiar with rooftop gardens? I dunno, anyway, she asked if we could simply cover the fields with tarps or something like they do at baseball stadiums.

Another time - more recent years, horrible hail storms wiped out entire inventories of new and used vehicles west of Des Moines. Hundreds of them with busted glass and badly dented. It was severe and fairly wide-spread in that area.
We had the big city reporters wondering why the dealerships simply didn't run all the cars inside instead of leaving them out.
Uh, so-called journalist person - do you have any idea how many acres - literally acres, of cars - hundreds of cars, some of the car dealers have? There ain't a building big enough to handle the inventory of some of these places.

Anyway -

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Gee, thanks. Can't unsee that, unfortunately.
Sponsored