Sponsored

O

Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
This reminds me of when I was growing up on the west coast. My dad, mom, and I were fishing off of the Newport Beach pier one night. Huge signs all over, “No overhead casting”. First thing my dad did, was rear that thing back to overhead cast, and caught some poor dude behind us in the shoulder. He apologised profusely, while the guys buddy cut it out, and we ended up going home. My mom gave my dad HELL about it for quite a while afterwards.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
This reminds me of when I was growing up on the west coast. My dad, mom, and I were fishing off of the Newport Beach pier one night. Huge signs all over, “No overhead casting”. First thing my dad did, was rear that thing back to overhead cast, and caught some poor dude behind us in the shoulder. He apologised profusely, while the guys buddy cut it out, and we ended up going home. My mom gave my dad HELL about it for quite a while afterwards.
I did the same thing crappie fishing with my Grandfather when I was about 16 years old. He brought along a coworker on our fishing trip. On the boat, the coworker just leaned way back the second I when to cast my line and snagged the hook right through the neck folds of his skin.

The barb went through and my Grandfather offered to cut the barb off and pull it back through and iodine and put a band-aid on it. The coworker insisted on go to the emergency room and basically they did the same thing my Grandfather offered to do.