Offer from Dealer 2 hours away

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
Hi guys, I used to be more active over at another forum, but hopefully after this purchase I'll move over here full time.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Gobi JT Sport S with a dealer 2 hours away. I will be trading in a JKU Willys, but they are not aware of that yet. After going back and forth they are looking to let the JT go for $39,999 if I finance (roughly $22k because of the trade in) with them. I told them that If they can beat my bank finance i'm willing to do that. Is this a good deal? The original price (incl delivery fee, not including employee discount) is $45,485. It does seem to be the only one within about 250/300 miles of me (D.C.) I've attached the window sticker below. I also am hoping to get them to swap my wheels and tires from my current JKU to the Gladiator. I like the Willys wheels and the tires are only a year old. Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Offer from Dealer 2 hours away Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.02.42 AM
Sponsored

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same debate with my dealership. They had a cash back offer if I financed with them over my bank for at least 6 months. The 6 months of interest I have with the dealer finance option will be way less than the couple of bucks difference in interest if I had financed immediately with my bank. I just put a reminder on the calendar in 6 months to payoff the dealership financing and fire off the loan from my bank.

Ian8

Hi guys, I used to be more active over at another forum, but hopefully after this purchase I'll move over here full time.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Gobi JT Sport S with a dealer 2 hours away. I will be trading in a JKU Willys, but they are not aware of that yet. After going back and forth they are looking to let the JT go for $39,999 if I finance (roughly $22k because of the trade in) with them. I told them that If they can beat my bank finance i'm willing to do that. Is this a good deal? The original price (incl delivery fee, not including employee discount) is $45,485. It does seem to be the only one within about 250/300 miles of me (D.C.) I've attached the window sticker below. I also am hoping to get them to swap my wheels and tires from my current JKU to the Gladiator. I like the Willys wheels and the tires are only a year old. Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Offer from Dealer 2 hours away Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.02.42 AM
Have you heard of Koons Jeep or Dulles Motorcars, both are nearby DC in Virginia. Both of those dealers had pretty good deals about a month ago for Sport S models. Not sure what you want, but thought I could suggest comparing prices that they are offering ($35-38 grand range for similarly equipped trucks)
Here is the link for Koons https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-jeep/gladiator.htm
Here is the link for Dulles https://www.dulleschryslerdodgejeep.com/new-inventory/index.htm

OP
OP

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
Have you heard of Koons Jeep or Dulles Motorcars, both are nearby DC in Virginia. Both of those dealers had pretty good deals about a month ago for Sport S models. Not sure what you want, but thought I could suggest comparing prices that they are offering ($35-38 grand range for similarly equipped trucks)
Here is the link for Koons https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-jeep/gladiator.htm
Here is the link for Dulles https://www.dulleschryslerdodgejeep.com/new-inventory/index.htm
Thanks, I had two dealers searching for Gobi, but it seemed that they're hard to find right now. I'll take a look there too.

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
The issue I found with the high volume dealers is they tend to offer you less for your trade. Before you go to the dealer, get a price from Carvana. They were reasonable with their purchaser offer pre Covid and I used their offer to get a decent trade for my JKU WW when I bought a JT

OP
OP

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
The issue I found with the high volume dealers is they tend to offer you less for your trade. Before you go to the dealer, get a price from Carvana. They were reasonable with their purchaser offer pre Covid and I used their offer to get a decent trade for my JKU WW when I bought a JT
My plan was to go to Carvana or car fax and get them to valuate my JKU before finally going to the dealer so I have more bargaining power

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
You need to be careful where you're looking.....Jeep is funny that way. Let me explain.
Currently, I have a corporate apartment in DC, so I was looking for my first Jeep. The lease programs that they were offering in the NOVA area were different than they were in my home state of New Jersey.
In the DC area, They (Jeep) were ONLY offering "up to $5300 off" on a purchase, and no lease deals. Conversely, In NJ, they were offering "employee pricing" on a purchase OR a lease (depending upon the dealer).....AND they were also offering a Gladiator Sport S lease with $2595 down and $209n per month for a 36 month/10K mile lease. Jeep (FCA for that matter) does their programs on a "regional basis. DC is in the "Mid-Atlantic" region......New Jersey is considered the "Northeast" region, so the sales/lease programs are different, and they usually change on a monthly basis.
If you go onto Jeep.com, type in your zip code and look up the "incentives" on the Gladiator.
Open another tab, and again log onto Jeep.com.....but this time type in a zip code from a different region (I have no idea where you live), and again look at the incentives.......I guarantee they are different !

OP
OP

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
You need to be careful where you're looking.....Jeep is funny that way. Let me explain.
Currently, I have a corporate apartment in DC, so I was looking for my first Jeep. The lease programs that they were offering in the NOVA area were different than they were in my home state of New Jersey.
In the DC area, They (Jeep) were ONLY offering "up to $5300 off" on a purchase, and no lease deals. Conversely, In NJ, they were offering "employee pricing" on a purchase OR a lease (depending upon the dealer).....AND they were also offering a Gladiator Sport S lease with $2595 down and $209n per month for a 36 month/10K mile lease. Jeep (FCA for that matter) does their programs on a "regional basis. DC is in the "Mid-Atlantic" region......New Jersey is considered the "Northeast" region, so the sales/lease programs are different, and they usually change on a monthly basis.
If you go onto Jeep.com, type in your zip code and look up the "incentives" on the Gladiator.
Open another tab, and again log onto Jeep.com.....but this time type in a zip code from a different region (I have no idea where you live), and again look at the incentives.......I guarantee they are different !
Interesting, I had no idea. I'll go back and check that out. I'm not unhappy with the price at $39,999, but I want to make sure there is nothing I am missing here. It's 12% below MSRP which seems not bad at all

Sponsored

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
Try Freehold Chrysler/Jeep in Freehold, NJ......I was VERY happy with the deal I got from them !
I can make it there in about 3.5 hours.....and yes, I've been to Koons in Tysons....its huge !

OP
OP

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
Try Freehold Chrysler/Jeep in Freehold, NJ......I was VERY happy with the deal I got from them !
I can make it there in about 3.5 hours.....and yes, I've been to Koons in Tysons....its huge !
Will check them out! Thanks!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same debate with my dealership. They had a cash back offer if I financed with them over my bank for at least 6 months. The 6 months of interest I have with the dealer finance option will be way less than the couple of bucks difference in interest if I had financed immediately with my bank. I just put a reminder on the calendar in 6 months to payoff the dealership financing and fire off the loan from my bank.
^^This

When I purchased mine about 2 months ago I was charged like 73 bucks of interest the first month (27kish financed). I got 2k off for financing through the dealership/Chrysler who actually used TD auto Finance. So figuring 6 months of that I would be around 435 bucks spent to save 2000 when you can then refi with your own bank for a possibly lower interest rate...

Even though I wanted to pay cash I took this option. I ended up making my first payment for 24k so my interest on month number 2 was only 3 bucks. I should be out a total of 88 bucks in interest to save the 2k.