Sponsored

Official Gladiator Measurements Thread

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
People should post their questions and others can hopefully measure for them if I don't already have the info in post 1.

Of course ANY help is appreciated, but with a thing like data, you need to start with the best possible info when planning. What I mean by this is try to get accurate measurements. Use a straight edge if possible to measure the distances between two things. For example, to measure the bed height once I get my JT, i will lay a straight edge over both bed rails, then using a tape, measure from the top of any rib on the bed, and to where the bottom of the straight edge is. This would give you a good exact number for knowing if a cooler would fit under a tonneau cover for example.

When measuring how far a tire sticks out from the fender, don't eye-ball it, put a straight edge like a yard stick across both sides of the sidewall, then measure from outer fender edge to the yardstick.

It may sound silly as hell, but it only takes a few more seconds to obtain numbers this way.

THAT BEING SAID, consider all these measurements on here to be +- a bit of error. This will be compiled with many people's help. Don't cut your fancy T track from 8020 without measuring yourself. This is just for as close to possible planning for other folks that either don't have your specific parts/vehicle, or maybe don't have ANY JT yet at all (llike poor old me).

If you discover a measurement is way off, let me know please.

Assume these are JT figures unless otherwise noted
Vehicle distance in inches Short Description Extended Description

Rubicon ~50 inches Bed Rail from ground to top of bed rail on a stock height, no weight
LE 51 3/4 Front Bed Rail from ground to top of front of bed rail, no weight, stock height
LE 53 1/2 Rear Bed Rail from ground to top of Rear of bed rail, no weight, stock height
Rubicon 17 7/8 Inside Box Height From bottom of bed to top of rail
Rubicon 17 1/4 Inside Box Height Usable From top of bed (rib) to top of rail.
Rubicon ~65" Tailgate to glass From outermost part of tailgate to the glass on the hardtop
Rubicon ~60" Inside Bed Length Inside of tailgate to inside of backwall of bed.
Rubicon 56" Bed inside width From rail to rail inside dimension
Rubicon 62" Bed Outside Width From outside of rail to outside of other rail.
Rubicon 23" Bed rail to roof From the top of the bedrail to the top of the 3 piece hardtop.
Rubicon 24" Front Axle to Fender From center of wheel cap to bottom of fender - front
Rubicon 24" Rear Axle to Fender From center of wheel cap to bottom of fender - Rear
Rubicon 77" Outside mirror to outside mirror Through the vehicle, mirror to mirror,
Rubicon 73" Ground to top From gravel to top roughly 73"
Rubicon 61" Inside bed length Length of bed when tailgate closed
Rubicon 76" Diagonal Bed length Length of bed diagonally.
Rubicon 81" Bed when open Length from back of bed to front of tailgate in open position.
Mopar 23.75x23.75x29.25 Mopar Crate Dimensions of the 2" Mopar Crate
Measurement between the wheel wells is 44.8"

WANTED:
rear seat back dimensions, width and height.
distance between the center of jackpoints under the truck
Distance from middle of B pillar to rear part of cab glass?
Overland NEEDED Front Axle to Fender From center of wheel cap to bottom of fender - front
Overland NEEDED Rear Axle to Fender From center of wheel cap to bottom of fender - Rear
??? 16" Bed to hard tonneau From highest point of truck bed to bottom of tonneau.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
But I did start this thread cuz I can't find the Rubicon height from ground to top of bed rail. Anybody?

I'm designing a plywood topper and need to calculate some stuff for a fridge.

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
But I did start this thread cuz I can't find the Rubicon height from ground to top of bed rail. Anybody?

Ground to top of bed rail is ~50in for the Rubicon w/o weight in the bed.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Bed measurement:

floor of bed to bottom of tonneau cover. (How tall of an item will fit?)

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auditor
Bed measurement:

floor of bed to bottom of tonneau cover. (How tall of an item will fit?)
<18in assuming the item is flush with the top of the rails

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
<18in assuming the item is flush with the top of the rails
is that measured from the top of the highest point on the bed? What i mean is that if there are raised ribs for strength, your item (like a cooler) will sit on top of that rib. The measurement should be from Top of that rib to bottom of tonneau.

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Overland measurements from center cap of rim to bottom of fender. Front and back to determine rake

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auditor
is that measured from the top of the highest point on the bed? What i mean is that if there are raised ribs for strength, your item (like a cooler) will sit on top of that rib. The measurement should be from Top of that rib to bottom of tonneau.
its like ~17 and 7/8in from the lowest spot on the bed. The ribs are about a 1/2in. So excluding the wheel wells, anything 17in or less should fit under the top of the railing, siting on top of the ribs.

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auditor
Overland measurements from center cap of rim to bottom of fender. Front and back to determine rake
I dont have an overland, but on the Rubi its 24in from the center center of the rim to the bottom of the fender. front and back, w/o weight.

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Thanks! Odd; there has to be some rake no? Or are the rubicon models leveled as is?

Sponsored

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

I’m glad you started this thread, that was my exact question to see if I could park the truck bed under some cabinets in the back of my garage. I was short by an inch and had to do some rearranging/remodeling.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I show 51 3/4” front of bed and 53 1/2 rear of bed on my LE

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I show 51 3/4” front of bed and 53 1/2 rear of bed on my LE
from the ground to the top of the bed rail?
is your LE on stock tires, stock ride height?
Sponsored