First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 09 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
U.S. Army (Retired)
I had a 95 YJ with a 4.7 Stroker, which I sold when I found my 2004 LJ. Personally, I think having an old Jeep and a Gladiator is the perfect combination.

tempImageRYvrXC.jpg

The YJ right before I sold it.

tempImagehqPG87.jpg
It has been pretty hard to find a LJ, and when I found this one stock.. I had to pick it up.
I had a 95 that I sold to my brother-in-law. I’m still trying to get it back lol.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
Bought my first Jeep JY in 1989 brand new when I got out of the service. Taught my future wife how to drive manual transmission in it but later on, after we started having kids, I traded it for a 20xx(?) Grand Cherokee Limited because my wife hated my Wrangler (years without the doors and top).

She was pregnant again so we traded cars because I thought she would be safer in the Cherokee in her condition with my 2 year old son it the back. Someone with no situational awareness changed lanes and pushed her off I95 in Palm Beach FL. Flipped it 4 times and broke her neck (while 14 months preg). I have a healthy wife, son without a scratch, and 20 year old healthy daughter so no sympathy necessary (except maybe for the Cherokee). I have to look for and scan photos of the JY.

Jeep Gladiator Old School Jeeps Jee

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my first Jeep JY in 1989 brand new when I got out of the service. Taught my future wife how to drive manual transmission in it but later on, after we started having kids, I traded it for a 20xx(?) Grand Cherokee Limited because my wife hated my Wrangler (years without the doors and top).

She was pregnant again so we traded cars because I thought she would be safer in the Cherokee in her condition with my 2 year old son it the back. Someone with no situational awareness changed lanes and pushed her off I95 in Palm Beach FL. Flipped it 4 times and broke her neck (while 14 months preg). I have a healthy wife, son without a scratch, and 20 year old healthy daughter so no sympathy necessary (except maybe for the Cherokee). I have to look for and scan photos of the JY.

Jeep Gladiator Old School Jeeps IMG_0852
I'm surprised to see that type of roof damage on a Grand Cherokee -
I salvaged the 4.0 out of a 94 ZJ for my car - the ZJ driver missed a T intersection (actually, he likely didn't miss the sign) and hit an embankment of some sort, flipped the Jeep end over end and it landed on the roof.
The sheet metal of the roof was less formed, looked flatter, but the A and B pillars were unharmed. From the inside you could not tell it had been flipped.
The front end was crushed in a bit rendering the AC condenser and radiator unusable and it cracked the front of the valve cover very very slightly so under certain conditions the valve cover will look a bit wet at one area in the front. But over 13 years I've never bothered to mess with it as most never even know there's a tiny crack there. Wipe it off and it's good for show.

Anyone ever notice how on the TV show Chicago Fire - if there's a traffic accident in that episode, over a 50% chance the vehicle damaged is a Jeep? They seem to smash a lot of WJs and other jeeps.

I talked to a guy who knew a fellow who was a manager of some sort for Jeep - only wanted his family to drive Grand Cherokees because of the good safety.

Jeep Gladiator Old School Jeeps donor-jeep 021

Jeep Gladiator Old School Jeeps donor-jeep-015

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
My wife is 5' on a tall day so when the roof collapsed on her it was her luck to be short.

Sponsored

nyyankees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2004 TJ 4.0
This is the one I will always miss. 2004 TJ sold it last year with only 64,000 original miles on it. Wish I had kept it!
Jeep Gladiator Old School Jeeps 1F113C5A-1DB1-4431-8FB7-271BDDF3462E_1_105_c

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Freedom Edition High Velocity
Occupation
Business
82 CJ7, wish I had kept it. V8 with a fiberglass tub.

IMG_0985.png

IMG_0984.png

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I had someone trying to buy one of my Jeeps he didn't care what one, I know he really wants my LJ especially.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
82 CJ7, wish I had kept it. V8 with a fiberglass tub.

IMG_0985.png

IMG_0984.png
Sometimes I miss my old 79 CJ5, fiberglass body, warmed up AMC360, TF727, 33x12.50r15. Here's a pic, doing what we loved to do in with it.
Jeep Gladiator Old School Jeeps 2084-220714004844~2

Always looked way whiter when it wasn't in the snow.
Sponsored