Once I get the mount built I’ll have to do some temp testing with an empty tank
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished installing this system to allow me to air up all four tires at the same time, hands off. The system can be set for full pressure (200 PSI) or for tire pressure (36 PSI). It will auto-stop when it reaches that. Works great so far.

The trick to the dual selection is using two different pressure switches, and then a latching relay on the built-in aux connection. I'm still working on putting together a build list and URLs, I bought stuff here and there plus I had some parts around from previous projects. The latching relay basically switches mode every time it turns on. So the aux switch works like this: Press and get full pressure, press off, press and get tire pressure, press off, press and full pressure....etc.

This also works well to fill up my air jack (big inflatable jack, review to come on that soon too). I set it to tire pressure and it fills to a safe volume. Then set to full pressure and it continues filling, but it must be watched at this point since it would be over-inflated if not stopped manually.

I built the plate from scrap steel I had laying around, using a plasma cutter, welder, and grinder. Standard metal tools. Measured out to fit between the crossmember behind the transfer case and another member about two feet behind that. I used the stock 8mm holes in the forward crossmember, and had to add my own hardware (5/16") for the rear one.

IMG_6423.jpeg

IMG_6494.jpeg

IMG_6503.jpeg

I read this with interest and looked for more info as I thought I understood the OP would be providing more info on the inflate-all-tires-at-once DIY?

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The only "trick" to inflating all the tires at the same time is building out a couple of hoses that connect to two tires each, and to the air chuck. Or if you do a single air chuck, you build one four-way hose. I bought two 25' small air hoses and cut them, adding a T connector at each tire, and a clip-on air chuck. That's it. See the photo below.

The only part I didn't include in this thread is the ability to AUTOMATICALLY stop the compressor at the desired tire pressure. I'm still working on that detail (meaning I have the parts, but not currently the desire to work on it in 110 degree weather). But the ability to air all four tires doesn't need this, and you just watch the gauge then turn it off.

Jeep Gladiator Onboard air compressor & tank installation on home built skid plate IMG_6523

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
The only "trick" to inflating all the tires at the same time is building out a couple of hoses that connect to two tires each, and to the air chuck. Or if you do a single air chuck, you build one four-way hose. I bought two 25' small air hoses and cut them, adding a T connector at each tire, and a clip-on air chuck. That's it. See the photo below.

The only part I didn't include in this thread is the ability to AUTOMATICALLY stop the compressor at the desired tire pressure. I'm still working on that detail (meaning I have the parts, but not currently the desire to work on it in 110 degree weather). But the ability to air all four tires doesn't need this, and you just watch the gauge then turn it off.

IMG_6523.jpeg
hey man i was gonna ask since i get paid on tuesday and my question was,how long does it take for the compressor to fill up the the tank and at what psi does the tank fill up too,also another thing once the tank is filled how long does it take

Jeep Gladiator Onboard air compressor & tank installation on home built skid plate IMG_6523
hey man i was gonna ask since i get paid on tuesday and my question was,how long does it take for the compressor to fill up the the tank and at what psi does the tank fill up too,also another thing once the tank is filled how long does it take to fill up all 4 tires at once,Again also.....(sorry for all my questions but im trying to buy the same setup bassically)what model compressor are you running

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
This particular system is their high pressure option, 200 PSI. This is slower than their low-pressure options, but gives you more air from the tank. I've never really paid attention to time. Probably five minutes to fill the tank from 0-200, just guessing. Also never really pay attention to fill time, the point is to plug it in and forget about it while I do something else. So I'd say more than five minutes and less than ten I think. It's the Viair 200 Ultra duty system.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
This particular system is their high pressure option, 200 PSI. This is slower than their low-pressure options, but gives you more air from the tank. I've never really paid attention to time. Probably five minutes to fill the tank from 0-200, just guessing. Also never really pay attention to fill time, the point is to plug it in and forget about it while I do something else. So I'd say more than five minutes and less than ten I think. It's the Viair 200 Ultra duty system.
Alrighty man thanks :D
Sponsored