First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
Did they ever solve the problem of the heating strip turning brown or burning up? I like the idea of heated headlights because I live near the Sierra Nevada range and travel over the passes. I searched the forum but couldn't find a clear answer.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
There was a post active earlier today that the new & improved version is out.
Dang. I searched the forum last night. I guess I should have searched it again today. The world is moving too fast for me. 🤣😂🤣

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Did they ever solve the problem of the heating strip turning brown or burning up? I like the idea of heated headlights because I live near the Sierra Nevada range and travel over the passes. I searched the forum but couldn't find a clear answer.

Thanks.
Hey! We did resolve this concern and remanufactured this product! These are in stock and ready to ship! ;)

OP
OP

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
Hey! We did resolve this concern and remanufactured this product! These are in stock and ready to ship! ;)
I already made my decision. I purchased the unheated Oracle headlights which I have seen virtually only good reviews on. I wanted a pleasant experience which I expect I will have given all the reviews I've read about your unheated headlights.

For those rare times I will be driving in conditions that cause the headlights to ice up I have decided I will mount a set of halogen fog lights or off road lights on the bumper. I can't imagine that the California Highway Patrol or the Nevada State Police would write me up for using off road lights on the road in the middle of a blizzard. Usually they are too busy with cars in ditches when that happens to chase down DOT scofflaws.

Thanks.

Reactions: mog

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I already made my decision. I purchased the unheated Oracle headlights which I have seen virtually only good reviews on. I wanted a pleasant experience which I expect I will have given all the reviews I've read about your unheated headlights.

For those rare times I will be driving in conditions that cause the headlights to ice up I have decided I will mount a set of halogen fog lights or off road lights on the bumper. I can't imagine that the California Highway Patrol or the Nevada State Police would write me up for using off road lights on the road in the middle of a blizzard. Usually they are too busy with cars in ditches when that happens to chase down DOT scofflaws.

Thanks.
Sounds good! We know you will be happy with any OCULUS headlight! :)

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Your website says the ship date is TBD. I'm interested in the heated version but was wondering how long I would have to wait for them. Thank you!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Your website says the ship date is TBD. I'm interested in the heated version but was wondering how long I would have to wait for them. Thank you!
We shipped all our current stock most recently, and another production run will be shipping in 30-45 days. If you would like to order this now to stay on the list to receive these please feel free to use FORUM10 for an extra discount!

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
We shipped all our current stock most recently, and another production run will be shipping in 30-45 days. If you would like to order this now to stay on the list to receive these please feel free to use FORUM10 for an extra discount!
I appreciate the reply! I may just order the regular version instead.

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK

Thanks.
Only time will tell if they have successfully redesigned these lights, as people are just now receiving the new product.

Sponsored

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Ordered mine about 1 week ago, they just shipped.

As I drive in cold for 5 months, I'm curious if I should have the sensor wired into an AUX switch and turn them on when I need them?

Otherwise they could be heating for months.

Maybe I'm over thinking it lol

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Ordered mine about 1 week ago, they just shipped.

As I drive in cold for 5 months, I'm curious if I should have the sensor wired into an AUX switch and turn them on when I need them?

Otherwise they could be heating for months.

Maybe I'm over thinking it lol
You are overthinking it, as well as not understanding how they work.

The heating element comes on only at specific temperature thresholds. There is a thermostat that dictates the threshold (aka at 40 or below).

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are overthinking it, as well as not understanding how they work.

The heating element comes on only at specific temperature thresholds. There is a thermostat that dictates the threshold (aka at 40 or below).
Yup, think I understand the heating element.

I do drive where it had been below 0 for 45 days straight and only 1 snowfall.

I think I understand how they work, was more or less curious if being on for that long would cause issues: if it is then I could use an AUX switch to turn the element on when needed.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Yup, think I understand the heating element.

I do drive where it had been below 0 for 45 days straight and only 1 snowfall.

I think I understand how they work, was more or less curious if being on for that long would cause issues: if it is then I could use an AUX switch to turn the element on when needed.
Gotcha. Sorry about that. Not sure if there is a separate sensor wire for them. I would look at mine but my JT is in the shop still from getting rear ended. But I am fairly confident there is no separate wire to connect to a Aux wire.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Sorry about that. Not sure if there is a separate sensor wire for them. I would look at mine but my JT is in the shop still from getting rear ended. But I am fairly confident there is no separate wire to connect to a Aux wire.
No worries at all, and sorry to hear that. I'll check when it arrives, maybe Oracle can chime in.

Not the end of the world, I mean 1st world problems for heated lights lol
Sponsored