Ordering a Base Sport, question about manual locks and windows

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
As long as this works for you is what really counts.
Sponsored

zeus337

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Iā€™ve got manual windows too. The window cranks on all 4 doors point in different directions when the windows are up! Can you guys post pics of your 4 doors window cranks with the windows up, so I can see if this is normal.
Thanks!

Sunbeam63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve got manual windows too. The window cranks on all 4 doors point in different directions when the windows are up! Can you guys post pics of your 4 doors window cranks with the windows up, so I can see if this is normal.
Thanks!
Mine were in random positions too. Iā€™m sure the tech installing them doesnā€™t care care which position itā€™s in. I actually noticed that one of the bezels was installed backwards, if that says anything. I have a tool to remove the clip holding the crank on, so I repositioned all four to be in the down position when the windows are up.

Jeep Gladiator Ordering a Base Sport, question about manual locks and windows 5A7B719A-B8ED-48AD-B037-F17C243F8565

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜11 Subaru Legacy GT, ā€˜22 Subaru Forester Touring
So, question to you guys who have had a base sport for awhile now. Are you happy with it? The difference between the Sport and Sport S is about $4k. Basically, $1k per door.

Sunbeam63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, question to you guys who have had a base sport for awhile now. Are you happy with it? The difference between the Sport and Sport S is about $4k. Basically, $1k per door.
I have had mine for nearly a year, with two young kids in car seats. My wife puts up with it. I freaking love it. It makes me feel like Iā€™m in a classic old truck, but itā€™s brand new. Worth the price difference to me. I intend on keeping this truck until it dies, then Iā€™ll restore it again.

The only thing this truck needs is vent windows and a floor mounted headlight dip switch to complete the classic feel. The base features are definitely not for everyone, but I embrace it.

Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I have had mine for nearly a year, with two young kids in car seats. My wife puts up with it. I freaking love it. It makes me feel like Iā€™m in a classic old truck, but itā€™s brand new. Worth the price difference to me. I intend on keeping this truck until it dies, then Iā€™ll restore it again.

The only thing this truck needs is vent windows and a floor mounted headlight dip switch. The base features are definitely not for everyone, but I embrace it.
I'm with your there. I really miss the vent windows and floor dimmer switch!!

IRQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 95 YJ
I feel the same way about the base Gladiator, it might be related to the fact I've only driven old Jeeps for the last 20 years and none of the fancy electronics in vehicle's impress me.

My 2 Grand Wagoneers had electric window problems that left a lasting impression, my YJ has vinyl windows that when you attempt to open driving get sucked out in the wind... The manual windows were an upgrade :)

Last edited:

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing this truck needs is vent windows and a floor mounted headlight dip switch to complete the classic feel. The base features are definitely not for everyone, but I embrace it.
I had a CJ-7 we installed a front cage kit in and I had to wiggle my foot around the front tube to press the headlight dimmer.....but loved it.

I am kinda leaning towards the base Gladiator esp since I'm planning on swapping out tires and wheels anyway, and it would fit the old school look I'm going for.

Back on topic, are the doors significantly lighter without the window and door motors? I remember our JKUR doors were pretty heavy.

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Grand Wagoneers had electric window problems that left a lasting impression, my YJ has vinyl windows that when you attempt to open driving get sucked out in the wind... The manual windows were an upgrade :)

My old 88' Grand Wagoneer had window issues as well, but I think it had more to do with the breaker/solenoid going bad. I remember it was round and plugged into the fuse panel. I ended up swapping it with the one for the power seats. It was real fun when it started raining and the window stopped halfway up. :)

IRQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 95 YJ
It was real fun when it started raining and the window stopped halfway up. :)
My switches had issues, but it think it had more to do with the track in my case...
I had to straddle the door and pull the glass up manually and occasionally it would still fall a bit, I would then wedge card board pieces to keep it from falling.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If your going to be taking the doors off the base might be a nice thing cause having to plug/unplug all that stuff is a pain especially if you bend the pins and then other stuff stops working. I probably would have been fine with crank windows and see I am not the only one who misses the light switch on the floor. The 7" radio is perfect. Wish they would have relocated those Aux switches, etc to some other place though. They are a pain to get to.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I have a base and haven't plugged the connectors back in the doors for almost a year, it is only for the dome light

Sunbeam63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a CJ-7 we installed a front cage kit in and I had to wiggle my foot around the front tube to press the headlight dimmer.....but loved it.

I am kinda leaning towards the base Gladiator esp since I'm planning on swapping out tires and wheels anyway, and it would fit the old school look I'm going for.

Back on topic, are the doors significantly lighter without the window and door motors? I remember our JKUR doors were pretty heavy.
I am not sure how the doors with window motors feel, but my wife is constantly slamming the door because itā€™s lighter than she expects.

I have a base and haven't plugged the connectors back in the doors for almost a year, it is only for the dome light
And donā€™t forget for the dim LEDs so you know where the door handles are at!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure how the doors with window motors feel, but my wife is constantly slamming the door because itā€™s lighter than she expects.
Those window motors and regulators are LIGHT. Not much weight at all.

I'm with your there. I really miss the vent windows and floor dimmer switch!!
Dam, not with a stick. Try taking a corner, clutch in, and someone suddenly appears and you need to dim the lights............ carpet gets wet in the winter and rots the connections at the switch. Oh, if I had a buck for every one of those I fixed............

Jeep Gladiator Ordering a Base Sport, question about manual locks and windows rear-defog-switch

can we go back to 8 track, too?
Jeep Gladiator Ordering a Base Sport, question about manual locks and windows dash-center

I'm apparently ok with manual windows...........but my wife has license restrictions due to handicap so new vehicles must have all power.

Jeep Gladiator Ordering a Base Sport, question about manual locks and windows door-speaker-grill-38.JPG
Sponsored