First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Cabinetmaker
I just bought a 2020 gladiator overland a month ago. A couple weeks in I went back to my dealer asked them to put on the biggest tires I could fit on the stock wheels and no lift. They told me the wildpeakes AT3 would be the biggest I could go and would work perfectly. 25570r18.
After reading other threads and posts on social media, apparently I could have gone with bigger sizes (diameter) like 33 or 34's. Is that true? I Iike these tires but it's not the look I was hoping for.
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Isn't 255/70R18 the stock Overland size?

I was going to just swap out the tires on my stock Overland (no lift) but instead went with new Rubicon take-offs (300 miles) that I found this week that were only 3 miles away.

However, while I was looking into it, it appeared I could have gone with 275/70R18 or possibly even 285/70R18 if I kept the OEM rims.

The notes I saved from this forum indicate that one owner went with "Overland with Nitto Ridge Grappler LT 285 75R18 no lift tires are 35.08 height". Although, I do not know if that owner goes off-road.

Hopefully some will chime in to confirm this info but that's what I saved.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Pgirouard

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Cabinetmaker

I was going to just swap out the tires on my stock Overland (no lift) but instead went with new Rubicon take-offs (300 miles) that I found this week that were only 3 miles away.

However, while I was looking into it, it appeared I could have gone with 275/70R18 or possibly even 285/70R18 if I kept the OEM rims.

The notes I saved from this forum indicate that one owner went with "Overland with Nitto Ridge Grappler LT 285 75R18 no lift tires are 35.08 height". Although, I do not know if that owner goes off-road.

Yes, 25570R18 is the stock size. I didn't know it at the time. The wildpeakes give it a totaly different look though, much better. I was looking more for bigger height. The 25570R18s are 32.??
I really don't want to spend more $$ to upgrade what I just upgraded. I heard that the market is flooded with take offs right now so I would probably be stuck with the 255's.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Yes, 25570R18 is the stock size. I didn't know it at the time. The wildpeakes give it a totaly different look though, much better. I was looking more for bigger height. The 25570R18s are 32.??
I really don't want to spend more $$ to upgrade what I just upgraded. I heard that the market is flooded with take offs right now so I would probably be stuck with the 255's.
Stock Overland 255/70R18's should be 32.1 on the 7.5 rim. I believe the Falken Wildpeaks A/T3 255/70R18 are 32.09. So, basically the same size. But yes, they have a more aggressive look.

I was searching for a few months for new Rubicon take-offs that were within a reasonable distance from me. I figured I could get rims and larger tires for not that much more than just tires. So, When I found them that close to home with low miles and TPMS included, I jumped on them, even though I actually like the OEM Overland wheels better.

Anyway, maybe you can find some take-offs, then sell the Wildpeaks you just bought to recoupe some of the $. Especially if you can get a good deal on take-offs.
Sponsored