Sponsored

P0300 Misfire Before Gladiator had 400 Miles on it. Back to the dealership for the 3rd time.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer may not make a stink but if FCA reps & engineers get involved they will flag your vehicle. Return it to stock before bringing it in. Give NO ammunition to be used on you. Good luck!
yep thats kinda what i was thinking. Pretty sure i chucked the stock filter:facepalm:

I may just mention it to them that the codes were present and cleared. Just so it’s documented in their system
Sponsored

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
PI
Picked up the Gladiator yesterday from the dealer. They did the PCM software update and so far no engine light. Driven a 150 miles so far with no codes. Crossing my fingers.

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
My Gladiator has been at the dealership for this since June 4th..Inhave not heard from the dealership in over a month and the case manager in over 2 weeks. Jeep,FCA and @JeepCares refuse to even try to handle this in a professional manor.
@JEEPCARthere are tons of Gladiator owners having this issue and it's a joke we have to battle with you guys over this.

MARYROD58

First Name
MARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Mine is in the shop for the 6th time....first check engine light came on at 300 miles. Codes P0300 and P0306...Jeep Cares is a JOKE! Don't waste your time.

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Hello, I just bought one this past Monday and on Friday I had to take in in for the same reason. Bought it with like 91 miles on it and now im at 300 and in the shop. I really wish I had found this forum before I bought mine. Kinda bummed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Hello, I just bought one this past Monday and on Friday I had to take in in for the same reason. Bought it with like 91 miles on it and now im at 300 and in the shop. I really wish I had found this forum before I bought mine. Kinda bummed.
Good luck...going to be a rough ride

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Man I sure hope not. Though I fear you are correct :-(
Mine has been at the dealership since june 4th..and thismisnt the first visit for the same issue. Dealership, customer service, fca... zero help...I had to get representation and the battle still ensues.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
From what I gather at the other forum, the ASS unavailable triggers when your truck detects a misfire and you get a pending code. On the next start-up, if it you get another misfire, the CEL will activate. I have also had the ASS work with the CEL active once restarted hot.

Please go to the survey forum and enter your build day and hour. One of the other members is trying to compile a list of affected vehicles.

Mine is currently in the shop for the 3rd time. In the 30 days of ownership, they have had it 14 so far. Per my state, they need to get to 30 or try #4 before I can demand a replacement.

BTW: Every issue I have had on this vehicle has come from a cold start and when it is in gear.

Good luck all.

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Got my first CEL yesterday at 9570 miles. Shows a P0300 code. Taking it in tomorrow.

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I've put about 600 miles on mine since PCM flash. No CEL since flash. I did get the A! a couple times. Both times it went away the next time I started the jeep.

Dealer said that light usually means small battery is too low. They told me percentage, but I can't remember if it was 80 or 70 percent.

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
This is just an update on my Gladiator. I had posted my issues a few months back. My problems started at 250 miles, same as most here. ESS and CEL both on, engine running poorly etc. After two visits and 26 days a new left side complete top end including a new head, cam, lifters, rocker arm, coils, injectors, cam sensors everything i got it back. I now have about 3000 miles and no problems after all the work, a few weeks after I also had a computer update they recommended. I also got a free extended warranty from Chrysler/Jeep Corp. So far so good, but Im still a little weary about it.. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Not currently but following very closely. I could be wrong but it seems that this is happening to vehicles with fairly low mileage. It seems once you experience it, you can't get rid of it and if you get to 5 or 6000 miles without it you probably won't experience it. I'm at about 4900 miles and pretty much drive with my fingers crossed.
I just hit 2000 mi. and no CEL. So your saying it's been happening up to 5000 mi?

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
This is just an update on my Gladiator. I had posted my issues a few months back. My problems started at 250 miles, same as most here. ESS and CEL both on, engine running poorly etc. After two visits and 26 days a new left side complete top end including a new head, cam, lifters, rocker arm, coils, injectors, cam sensors everything i got it back. I now have about 3000 miles and no problems after all the work, a few weeks after I also had a computer update they recommended. I also got a free extended warranty from Chrysler/Jeep Corp. So far so good, but Im still a little weary about it.. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hey Forest, how did you work the warranty? I’m at 5k miles now, about 3k since I’ve had any issues (other than one pending p300 code that never threw the CEL) but would still like to look into the extended warranty.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Saturday morning I cranked up the Gladiator and the engine light came on. Error codes 0300 and 0304. Says the #4 cylinder has multiple random misfires. I just turned 10,300 miles. Very disheartening to read all the other posts. Dropping off with the dealer on Monday and will see what happens.
How was it running up to that point?
Sponsored