Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So, keep hearing an actual April 9 date (vs. "April") on order banks from several sources. Per this thread (), several folks are saying that's what their dealers are telling them. Of course, I've heard so many false statements from dealers (first Feb orders, then Mar, now April...), it's hard to believe them. Eventually they will guess right. Since there are similar dates from different dealers, maybe there's some truth here.

(So not easy to link entire thread directly from the facebook post, but you can see the thread on the facebook 2020+ Jeep (JT) Gladiator Owners group).

Interesting point if this info is true, is these dealers are saying late colors will be available to order April 9 (same time as other colors). They are saying custom orders will be built in July (vs. June in the mopar insider info). Either way, for late colors you still could get them delivered Aug/Sept timeframe...

Will be doing the happy dance if I could order a Gobi on April 9 (assuming the pricing isn't insane).
Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
Interesting point if this info is true, is these dealers are saying late colors will be available to order April 9 (same time as other colors). They are saying custom orders will be built in July (vs. June in the mopar insider info). Either way, for late colors you still could get them delivered Aug/Sept timeframe...

Will be doing the happy dance if I could order a Gobi on April 9 (assuming the pricing isn't insane).
I have been searching for what exactly "Late availability" means and its not easy to find. Does anyone remember / can help find the timing on the JL launch? this could point to when we can expect the other colors.

My best guess at this point is that Red, Silver, White, and Blacks will show first because they are selected for the "spec" builds. I also think that when the order banks open all color options should be available.

Also, the JL guys were saying it was around 90ish days for orders when the JL launched. April 1st is the beginning of Q2 (when they say JT goes on sale) 90 days puts a delivery date around mid June. JL forum is showing Sting-gray JL hitting dealerships on March 22 and white and silver were around Jan 8th ish so thats about a 2 month difference.

I think we should try and get a better idea of how the JL launched and dates from that. probably could give us a really good timeline.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Regarding "late availability" on paint colors: The JK always saw this in latter years and generally the late availability colors came online about half way through the model year, so, January-ish.

Regarding the EcoDiesel: I wouldn't hold my breath. Remember when they promised the EcoDiesel for the JL Wrangler? Here we are well into the second model year, and still no EcoDiesel. And it's going to be another six months before Gladiators even hit the ground. And the first batch of those will not have diesels. This is like a dog chasing it's own tail. Progress isn't being made. With the emissions issues, internal engine flaws that were causing large percentages of them to lock up and die, and other things going on, the EcoDiesel isn't going to be around for a long while, if at all.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I have been searching for what exactly "Late availability" means and its not easy to find. Does anyone remember / can help find the timing on the JL launch? this could point to when we can expect the other colors.

My best guess at this point is that Red, Silver, White, and Blacks will show first because they are selected for the "spec" builds. I also think that when the order banks open all color options should be available.

Also, the JL guys were saying it was around 90ish days for orders when the JL launched. April 1st is the beginning of Q2 (when they say JT goes on sale) 90 days puts a delivery date around mid June. JL forum is showing Sting-gray JL hitting dealerships on March 22 and white and silver were around Jan 8th ish so thats about a 2 month difference.

I think we should try and get a better idea of how the JL launched and dates from that. probably could give us a really good timeline.
Think this answers your question regarding JL launch:

I'm also in the Gobi camp, so won't be the first to get a Gladiator. Here's my latest estimates, and your mileage may vary.

From the JL forums, it looks like when the JL was rolled out, the "late" colors lagged about 3 months. One person said JLs hit dealer lots Jan/Feb 2018, and late colors hit lots May-July (4-5 months lag). Someone else in NC said the StingGray order bank opened 2/28/18, he ordered on 2/29, and delivered to dealer 4/30, which looked like about 2 months behind the first color custom orders. Sorry, made a hand written notes when scanning that forum, so don't have links to reference those original posts...

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'm also in the Gobi camp, so won't be the first to get a Gladiator. Here's my latest estimates, and your mileage may vary.

From the JL forums, it looks like when the JL was rolled out, the "late" colors lagged about 3 months. One person said JLs hit dealer lots Jan/Feb 2018, and late colors hit lots May-July (4-5 months lag). Someone else in NC said the StingGray order bank opened 2/28/18, he ordered on 2/29, and delivered to dealer 4/30, which looked like about 2 months behind the first color custom orders. Sorry, made a hand written notes when scanning that forum, so don't have links to reference those original posts...
From what I remember the release of the various late-availability colors varied. Sting-Gray and Ocean Blue Metallic came out earlier than Mojito! and much earlier than Hella Yella. Again, going by memory so I could be wrong.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Regarding "late availability" on paint colors: The JK always saw this in latter years and generally the late availability colors came online about half way through the model year, so, January-ish.

Regarding the EcoDiesel: I wouldn't hold my breath. Remember when they promised the EcoDiesel for the JL Wrangler? Here we are well into the second model year, and still no EcoDiesel. And it's going to be another six months before Gladiators even hit the ground. And the first batch of those will not have diesels. This is like a dog chasing it's own tail. Progress isn't being made. With the emissions issues, internal engine flaws that were causing large percentages of them to lock up and die, and other things going on, the EcoDiesel isn't going to be around for a long while, if at all.
Based on this video released today, the JL should see the EcoDiesel later this year, but JT won't get it until CY2020, maybe even MY2021

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...on-grimus-jeep-gladiator-brand-manager.14469/

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I'm not sure why we have to wait for Punkd and Sting grey considering they are already using it on the line for the JL

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I'm not sure why we have to wait for Punkd and Sting grey considering they are already using it on the line for the JL
Not sure why we need to wait for pricing since the JLs are already priced... ;)

JTs are being built on the old JK line, not the JL line.

From the web site that shall not be mentioned on this forum (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-order-bank-opens-april.14361/), the initial pre-spec runs in April and May will be the "early" colors. From top of page 4 in this thread, it looks when the order banks open, all colors will be available on custom orders for June production. So unless you are hoping to get a "late" color from dealer stock right off the bat, you can probably get any color delivered Aug/Sept.
Sponsored