First Name
Spider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Lawyer
Wish I wasn’t! I’d like to have front parking sensors. That hood is tall!

I’ve considered looking into retrofitting them, but I have enough other projects right now.
I agree. Seems like a simple enough feature to be standard. Guess with the chip shortage Jeep feels like it has enough tech on the vehicle without adding one more.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I agree. Seems like a simple enough feature to be standard. Guess with the chip shortage Jeep feels like it has enough tech on the vehicle without adding one more.
No JLs or JTs in the US have ever come with front parking sensors, so this wasn’t a COVID Chip shortage change. My assumption is that it’s part cost saving, and part Jeep thinking that a lot of people swap front bumpers and would complain about it.

OP
OP

FJB

First Name
Spider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Lawyer
No JLs or JTs in the US have ever come with front parking sensors, so this wasn’t a COVID Chip shortage change. My assumption is that it’s part cost saving, and part Jeep thinking that a lot of people swap front bumpers and would complain about it.
Interesting observation.

jdmountford

First Name
Jarrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
I.T.
This thread was started in Nov. 2021. It's now May 2022. In case anyone comes across it, I want to post my experience. I added aftermarket parking sensors to my 2021 Mojave. I purchased an 8 sensor system from Amazon. 4 front 4 back. The four front were installed on an aftermarket steel bumper. I'm happy I have parking sensors. The brand I chose seems sensitive to rain, snow and dirt so I will be installing a power switch to disable them. Make sure whatever brand you get has long enough wires. Most systems are made for cars and not long enough to wire into a truck. Many brands offer extension wire separately.

Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I just realized this... I almost ordered the ebay knock off bumper with the sensors. But something compelled me to check how many sensors there were to compare with the bumper.
I couldn't believe that there weren't any sensors in the front but there are in the back. So weird... LOL
Sponsored