First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Boiler Technician
I take my doors off almost every weekend. The mirror on the passenger door has stopped working. Took it to the dealership and they said the pins bent and to be more careful when I plug them in. Literally can't be anymore careful when putting in sand it has stopped working immediately. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any solutions? I was thinking a milspec plug but they are pricey...
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I take my doors off almost every weekend. The mirror on the passenger door has stopped working. Took it to the dealership and they said the pins bent and to be more careful when I plug them in. Literally can't be anymore careful when putting in sand it has stopped working immediately. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any solutions? I was thinking a milspec plug but they are pricey...
Dealer should replace it under warranty. I've had mine once bent back into place by the dealership.
When inserting the clip back in, press the clip as far as possible before closing the handle.

OP
OP
TPolk843

TPolk843

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Boiler Technician
Yeah my jeep dealership in Charleston is by far the worst dealership I've ever dealt with. They bent it back then told me if it bent again I'd be liable.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
OP
OP
TPolk843

TPolk843

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Boiler Technician
Very common issue. I'd like to see oracle or another company come up with a better connector that would replace these. I'm in the same boat, my doors come on and off regularly. I haven't had an issue yet but I know it's just a matter of time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m2_6hRgRcii6-t9AwMsyjFqEs7iH7hsfktOqer5xUUkVY
I didn't even know that plate was supposed to move. Mine definitely isn't which would completely explain why my pins are only bending on my passenger side. In theory is a great design but I still think a mil-spec Cannon plug seriously work a million times better.

Sponsored

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I didn't even know that plate was supposed to move. Mine definitely isn't which would completely explain why my pins are only bending on my passenger side. In theory is a great design but I still think a mil-spec Cannon plug seriously work a million times better.
Absolutely would. No idea why they wouldn't use the same type of plugs used on the rear doors or all over the rest of the Jeep. It's an issue with the JLs too, so hopefully someone comes up with an adapter where you can unplug those instead of the factory harness.

OP
OP
TPolk843

TPolk843

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Boiler Technician
I have a pin removal kit in my garage I bought specifically for repining the plug I got it then got a quote to get 2 plugs and the quote came out to like $700. I decided the mirror not moving not really a big deal all of a sudden.

OP
OP
TPolk843

TPolk843

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Boiler Technician
Very common issue. I'd like to see oracle or another company come up with a better connector that would replace these. I'm in the same boat, my doors come on and off regularly. I haven't had an issue yet but I know it's just a matter of time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m2_6hRgRcii6-t9AwMsyjFqEs7iH7hsfktOqer5xUUkVY
Okay so I got home messed with that plate got it to move like it should. All my pins look straight but still no mirror. It's anyone in possession of a pinout of that connector by chance. Everything but my mirror work.

RLinNH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Same issue here. Only the issue is on the drivers side for me. My dealership bent the pins back twice, and they ordered a new harness for me about a month ago. I was told that they are on backorder with no date. :mad: Agreed. THis is my 4th Jeep, and this is the first one that I have to deal with this issue. Someone out there in parts land must have a more durable option then these stock harnesses...
Sponsored