Sponsored

Passenger sun visor broke!!!

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
@InvertedLogic

Did you use a metal split collar? Any issues with elec. shorts using the metal collar?
I used an aluminum split collar. I haven't had any odd contact issues that I've seen other people having. Not sure if I cut the plastic down further such that the collar sits lower or what. Garage door opener and mirror light work just fine.
Sponsored

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
I used an aluminum split collar. I haven't had any odd contact issues that I've seen other people having. Not sure if I cut the plastic down further such that the collar sits lower or what. Garage door opener and mirror light work just fine.
Have a link to what you've used?? I've actually never even heard of a split collar.

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is what I used with success. In hindsight, the Ace Hardware down the store has a steel version of this collar as well I could have picked up locally. https://www.mcmaster.com/6436K132/

Thanks all! That's defiantly a better option than an E clip. Although, a bit more expensive. Now to wait on shipping :headbang:

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
@Speedy_12139

A couple of guys reported an issue or an electrical short when effecting the fix..

Probably best bet is before you place the collar, place a piece of shrink wrap tubing / and shrink over the metal tubing before you place the split collar.... or a couple of winds of black electrical tape on the metal tubing.

Do this for insulation and thus no current flow from the tube to the collar.
That was what I was thinking. Ordered those cool little clamps. Should make this infinitely easier

Sponsored

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That was what I was thinking. Ordered those cool little clamps. Should make this infinitely easier
+1 on ordering! also @Pepe thanks for that heads up!