Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Been a year and no plates.

The DOL *finally* updated the website to say "we're really slow and inept, so please, don't order a personalized plate."
Sponsored

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Still no plates. F**king fantastic state you're running here, Jay.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
New year, new post.

and old plates still.

When I got my oil changed a few weeks ago, the guy behind me told me my tabs expired. I gave him the abbreviated story and he was in agreement with my assessment, AND he was a former state gov't employee.

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I wish I could say I'm shocked, but living here is a life lesson in how not to run a State.

When we traded in our 2011 Wrangler on my 2020 Gladiator in December the dealer pulled my old plates and gave them to me (sticker is good till July 2023). Said that State didn't have enough plates so I'd be reusing my old ones... WTH? My rear plate was fine, the front is pretty dinged up but oh well. A few years go the State, in it's infinite wisdom began to require you to replace plates after 7 years (at your expense), then they rescinded that law. But now they don't have enough plates? Then, I get a call from the dealer that my new plates on in... only in Warshington State. :facepalm:

Hope you get your plates, but it's not looking very good. Maybe Eastern Washington will join the Greater Idaho by then lol

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I wish I could say I'm shocked, but living here is a life lesson in how not to run a State.

When we traded in our 2011 Wrangler on my 2020 Gladiator in December the dealer pulled my old plates and gave them to me (sticker is good till July 2023). Said that State didn't have enough plates so I'd be reusing my old ones... WTH? My rear plate was fine, the front is pretty dinged up but oh well. A few years go the State, in it's infinite wisdom began to require you to replace plates after 7 years (at your expense), then they rescinded that law. But now they don't have enough plates? Then, I get a call from the dealer that my new plates on in... only in Warshington State. :facepalm:

Hope you get your plates, but it's not looking very good. Maybe Eastern Washington will join the Greater Idaho by then lol
We can only hope to become part of Idaho.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
The one "benefit" is I haven't been harassed on not having a front plate, nor pulled over for "expired" tabs.

Still no plate.

We're looking to leave this state anyway, so I just gotta finish the honey-do list. So maybe in 2027 we'll be ready to move. :D

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Called the DMV yesterday, looking for an update.

They'll get back to me when they have some answers. 😒

Oh look, this is what I get.

"
Good morning

After reviewing your request, you will need to pay for a replacement the plate was processed in July 2021 the vehicle renew was processed in April 2022 therefor the timeframe was far apart to process the plate.

Thank you,

Randy B."

F you, Randy.

DOL f'd this up, I'm not paying for their f-up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Utah only took about 45 days to get personalized plates. And we had to go with a cr38iv3 spelling.

KLVR6RL

Clever Girl

We got the black & white ones.

And driving over 2 years w/ "expired" tags in WA netted zero times being pulled over.
Sponsored